Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I had my ultrasound yesterday. They tell you to drink six 8 ounce glasses of water an hour and a half before you go. So I drank one bottle (2 glasses) and already had to pee. By the time I was on my third bottle I had to pee so bad that I couldn't sit still. I couldn't concentrate and I still had half an hour before I had to leave (an hour before the ultrasound). Thankfully one of the ladies told me that when she went for her ultrasounds she couldn't drink all the water and went before but drank more water after. She was like there is no way you're going to make it. So I raced to the bathroom and went. I then drank another bottle and a half on my way there.

The technician was like so you have to pee right? I said oh yeah. He laughed and said oh I love it. The he was like ok lie down here you'll feel better. I was thinking somehow I doubt that. Then he goes I've also been known to tell fibs to mothers that have to pee. He checked everything out and I couldn't make it until he told me I could go. I hadn't seen the baby or heard the heartbeat but at this point I knew I wasn't going to make it any longer. So I told him thinking that I wouldn't be able to see anything. He took a minute longer then said I could go and then get my friends (boyfriend and co-worker) and go back in. I was so relieved.

I asked him if he could try to see if it's a boy or a girl. He said that it was unlikely since I was there so soon in the pregnancy. He said he would only tell me if he was 100% sure. I asked if he would tell me at 75% sure and I wouldn't take it as for sure. He laughed and said nope only at 100%.

I brought them in the room and the technician started. First he showed us the kidney and then the babies legs... then up to the head. To which I commented awwww my alien baby. Then to the heart. I asked to hear the heartbeat and we heard it. The heartbeat was at 141 (actually I think that's the wrong order... I think he did the next part before the heartbeat). He would go from the head to the feet. It was amazing. Everytime he passed the middle area I would hold my breath... hoping he'd stop. Well he did go to that area. As soon as he stopped on it I knew. Then he says... since there is definitely something there you are having a boy. I cried. I had held it together up until that point. Hearing that... the tears escaped.

We did get a picture and Mr.IT is planning on scanning it so hopefully you'll all see it. (Picture is scanned and uploaded to flickr) He gave us the picture where I said awww look at our alien baby. After all that it was sinking in that we were having a boy... I looked up at Mr.IT and went "Aw CRAP.... now we have to pick a boys name.

9 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

I am so happy for you kid...Spike is a nice boy name...

4:55 PM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

YOUR RIGHT! IT IS AN ALIEN BABY...I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS YOU THAT THEY ABDUCTED...YOU CAN CALL HIM MORK!

4:59 PM, April 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! OF COURSE that would happen!

You can steal Owen if its a name you and Mr. IT both like. I'm still going to name my (way in the future) baby boy Owen, but it's not like we see each other in person so it wouldn't matter. lol.

Otherwise I'm all out of boy name ideas for you. LOL. But good luck and keep us updated! I'm glad your ultrasound went well. If I do think of another boy name I'll suggest it.

I know that every name right now rhymes with this but...

Braeden Bur___ is one of the cutest names EVAR. ;) (except I know you're going to change the last name to Mr. ITs and all that eventually, but you have to admit that its a cute combo, LOL).

Congrats again!!! XO

6:06 PM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Spike! LOL all I'd think of is Buffy. Told you all I was abducted by aliens!

Braeden is a great name. One that I probably would have on my list if it wasn't for the fact that my brother has a son named Braeden and a friend also named her son Braeden (spelled differently though).

I can't wait for you to come visit Mac! I like the name Logan but Hayden (and Brayden for that matter lol) rhymes with so many popular names right now. We were thinking Jayden in the beginning but I don't like that so many names rhyme with it... plus it's more common right now.

We do have a list that we are narrowing down... I'm only really sold on one name on the list though and it's one that he isn't so sold on.

7:04 AM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Callie said...

Congrats!

I'm always wrong when it comes to babies. Always. I said you'd have a girl, and you're having a boy.

Wooot!!!!

Can't wait to see the little alien!

12:19 AM, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats about your little boy!

1:06 AM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

How about the name "Mr.IT, jr."?

1:07 AM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I don't want a Junior... I also like other names more than his. If he was a Junior he'd probably be called AJ and I really really don't like that.

I can't wait to see and hold my little alien to Callie. :D

8:41 AM, April 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spike, james, liam, angel, wesley, xander, giles.... ok i'm all out of buffy names. LOL!

CONGRATS!!! too funny that you saw "the package" of the alien baby. now i gotta go find these pics! :)

xoxooxoxxoxoox,
trix.

9:01 AM, April 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker