Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Went to the doctor yesterday. Turns out I'm Rh Negative. I already pretty much knew that since my blood type is O Negative. All it means is by the end of the pregnancy I'll have to get a needle. If an Rh Negative mother has a Positive baby and their blood mixes the next time she gets pregnant her body will attack the baby as foriegn. It doesn't really effect this baby although from what I understand there can be complications at birth for me. Other than that everything is normal. I've gained about 8 pounds so far. I haven't gained any since my last appointment (4 weeks ago) but my tummy is bigger. I've uploaded the pics from March (the latest from Sunday). I'm really not that big until you take in the size my tummy was before.

Next week is the ultrasound. I'm so excited for that. A co-worker (that is a good friend on top of being a co-worker) is going to take the afternoon off with me and come to the ultrasound (Mr. IT will be there as well) and we plan on doing some shopping or just hanging out in the afternoon. We'll be working this weekend so we'll both have the time off available.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Oh the evil Rhogram shot. I too am negative and holy crap that needle hurts. Sorry to scare you with that. You'll get two shots - one sometime soon and another immed after delivery. The one you get soon, try to arrange to do some walking rather than sitting in car after...its intramuscular in your ass... and it freakin hurts.

8:51 AM, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Callie said...

Ewwww.

So sorry to hear that.

You'll do fine, though.

When are you going to register???

11:42 AM, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Sarantium said...

I am to! the shot makes your ass hurt a bit. My favorite was the group b strep test, you know the one where they stick the q-tip in your ass and swab. glad your doing well honey!!!!

I miss you.

2:01 PM, March 28, 2007  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Don't worry D, I won't feel a thing, I promise. Can't be as bad as a GG shot in the hip. I could swear someone put a frozen golf ball in there...took three days to walk that puppy out...

11:02 AM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yikes the shot does NOT sound fun.

2:14 PM, March 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure wouldn't know about those shots Dani, I never had them with my boys. If there is anything you need baby wise let me know, as there is a surplus around my house and my in-laws since my boys are growing up too quickly. Remember treasure the moments when they are little like that because they aren't like that forever. We need to go for dinner really soon so I can see the bump.
Michelle

6:25 PM, March 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHOTS? ASS??

ouch.

*hugs* better you than me. ;)

trix.

9:16 PM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yup Michelle we definitely need to go out for dinner. It's been nearly a year since the last time!!! That's way too long.

:P to you trix!

7:22 AM, March 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker