Monday, July 10, 2006

Back from my weekend to the mountains. The weekend was a lot of fun. Friday we headed to Jasper. We went to Pyramid lake which was really pretty. Our campsite was really nice, close to a creek. A squirrel came to our campsite and we gave him some bread. It actually took some of the bread right out of my hand.

After a bit of a rough start (that I won't get into) we had a good time friday night. Drank way too much. Woke up Saturday with a massive hangover. MG put up with my grouchiness. He also was the one (without help from me) to take down our campsite. I was busy being sick and nursing the hangover (he was hungover too...).

We left Jasper to go to Banff and stopped at the glacier on the way. It was pretty cold so I wimped out and we didn't actually walk on the glacier. The drive was pretty rough on both of us so we got to the campsite and set up. We didn't do anything after that other than sit by the campfire. I was not in the greatest mood most of the day and evening. Glad he was able to put up with it.

Sunday was a great day. We went sight seeing at Lake Louise. It's a breathtaking sight. It started raining while we were there so we didn't stay too long.

We went canoeing at Emerald Lake. I've never been canoeing before and even though it was a bit of a work out on the arms I enjoyed it. It was absolutely beautiful on the lake.

We went to kicking horse natural bridge which was really neat to see. The water wore away at rocks and you can actually walk across. We didn't though due to it being really slippery.

After that we saw takakkaw falls. Absolutely amazing. That was probably my favorite sight of the trip. I could probably watch the falls for hours.

Sunday night was fun too.... other than the rain. We got back to our campsite in the early evening to sit around the fire. It was really nice.. until it started to rain. We quickly put up our tarp. Once we had it up we didn't really get wet but it wasn't so close to the fire either so we got a bit cold. Still though it was a good time. It stopped raining after a while and we were able to sit at the fire again for a bit.

It was raining when we got up this morning. I think we took down camp in record time. We were all packed up, showered and on the road within an hour and a half. Before heading home we went up the gondola. It started clearing up when we were up there so we had some nice views and got some pictures. Speaking of pictures; I've uploaded them to flickr.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably got more nature in that one little trip than I have in the last five years combined.

8:04 PM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

LOL it's more nature than I've had in a while too.... well maybe not 5 years but a while.

9:18 PM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

Sounds like a louis and clark trip. I got tired just reading of all the traveling. (Oh to be young again)

3:35 PM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

It was pretty tiring but that's why the evenings consisted of relaxing around the campfire.

Nope MD the only beast seen around Banf-f-f was the beast of Dani in the morning.

8:44 AM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I think you should post one or two of your favorite pictures to your blog. As they say, they are worth 1000 words.

5:06 AM, July 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker