Monday, June 26, 2006

Since I haven't been online at work I'm finding it difficult to find time to blog. I haven't had a whole lot say either. Still don't so it's going to be another rambling post.

MG has been gone for almost a week. I miss him. I really don't like not being able to see him when I want. I'm sure with time and getting used to it that it'll become easier. I'm so excited for our weekend trip to the mountains in July. Only a week and a half to go!

The weather has been gorgeous the last couple of days. Some say too hot. I am loving it. My office though is too hot. No air conditioning.

I went out with a friend this evening. She's the one that bought me the shoes and skirt. Today she gave me a bear that is wearing a shirt that says 'someone at the U of A loves me'. She is taking engineering at the university. Again... she totally spoils me.

We went for a walk near her house today. We decided to go looking for a lake that her parents found when they went for a walk. So off we went. We walked and walked and didn't see it. We stopped and asked people. They told us the general direction. Finally while I was on the phone with MG she stopped and asked another group of people. A boy told her which way to go and then mentioned that if you turn down the green boatway you're going the wrong way. If you go the other way you can see it plain as day.

We continued on in the direction he gave... walking and walking and walking. We ended up at a dead end. No green boatway (what the heck is a green boatway anyway) and no lake. We did end up finding a kind of swamp. After the swamp we headed back to her house. Even though we never found the lake we were looking for we had a great time. We were both very hyper from slurpee sugar rushes. Without the sore feet I don't think I would have realized that a short walk turned into a 2 hour one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Sounds like you had fun!!!

11:20 AM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Maybe next time you go for a walk you could take a taxi?

9:20 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Well she suggested taking a cab back. What fun would that have been though? Even though we never found the lake we wanted to find we had a blast trying. We will probably do the same thing again soon. This time we'll head the other direction and still not ask her parents where they found the lake. :)

10:47 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Maybe you could charter a plane?

1:12 AM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

LOL of course... charter a plane! Why didn't I think of that :P

Motherdear! Nice to 'see' you again!

8:44 PM, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker