Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Throughout the season while watching games I'd ask Pisani to score. Almost everytime I'd say 'come on Fernando get a goal for me' he'd score. Sometimes right away and sometimes just by the end of the game. I'd also ask (any player) for shorthanded goals... I'd get those less often but every so often after I'd say that I wanted one they would get one. I wouldn't say either of those every game (hello you've got to ask for favors sparingly...). I'd just randomly say it. Well Monday nights game I was asking. I asked for a shorthanded goal and I asked for Fernando to score. After asking I turned to a friend and explained to him that they listen to me. To his funny look I said 'What? They do.... sometimes it just takes a little while' then I explained what would happen throughout the year (I had a friend there that witnessed it a few times). Turns out it did take a little while but Pisani listened and got me my shorthanded goal. In OT! Fernando will now go down in the NHL history books as the first guy to get a shorthanded goal in the Stanley Cup Finals.

The Oilers are still in it with a 4-3 win in overtime. I am so excited. Next game is at home on Saturday. I think Mystic the words you use to describe Carolina can also be used by us. The Oilers are definitely relentless. When you think they've had it they show they haven't. We won't be able to win the cup at home (if we win it... I'm not getting ahead of myself) which is too bad but winning game six will be almost as sweet. Thing is though Carolina will not be easy to beat. They haven't (I could be wrong..) lost two games in a row in the 06 playoffs.

6 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

Good Morning Luv! If what you say is true, then, SHUT UP! It was a great game and I knew the moment I saw the puck leave the stick what was going to happen. Every player waits for an opportunity like that. "Piss on You" (Pisano) saw it and took advantage of the chance. FLAWLESSLY I might add. You guys seem to excel at short hand goals. Damn YOU! You roughed us up pretty good too! We have you against the ropes but you keep getting back into the game. It has been a great fight so far. I did not want to have to go back to Canada for the Victory. I wanted to win here in Raleigh but I'll take a win anywhere but last night would have been sweet. I have to go up in the attic and get my hockey stick down. It was the only thing I brought with me 40 years ago when I came to Carolina. An OMEN!! I left all kinds of things for you on my ISLE.

6:18 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

Go OILERS!!!!

Woo hoo!

8:14 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

You know the whole 'piss on you' thing would work if his last name WAS actually Pisano. It's not though. It's Pisani. :P

Sorry about Weight. I hope his shoulder isn't too bad. I still have a soft spot in my heart for him stemming from him being an Oiler years ago.

People keep saying we're gonna win it. All I have to say is we'll see how they play next game. This game they used their hearts and if they do that again it will be hard to stop them. In this series though we've seen them be terrible... I just hope they bring their hearts. I can accept a loss... even a loss for the cup as long as they give it their all.

Thanks Callie :D

8:49 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

THE ONLY THING PISANI DIDN'T DO WAS TAKE A LEAK IN THE GOAL, HE HAD ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT THOUGH. IT WAS A GREAT STEAL AND SHOT! REMEMBER OUR GOALIE IS FROM EDMONTON TOO! YOU DEFINATELY ROUGHED US UP. NO CHEAP SHOTS THOUGH, JUST HARD CHECKS. I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE TRYING TO KILL STALLINGS. I WAS SURPRISED YOU DIDN'T HIT HIM WHEN HE WAS ON THE BENCH. CALLIE YOU ARE HEARTLESS.

9:42 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Is a shorthanded goal one where you lose a guy because of a penalty, so the other team has one more player on the ice than your team, but you still get a goal? Am I right? I really have no idea.

7:10 AM, June 18, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yeah you're right Chris. They had one more player because one of ours had a penalty.

7:19 PM, June 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker