Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I hate baggage from previous relationships. A new relationship should be free from things another person said or did. It shouldn't influence how we feel about a situation in a new relationship. Recently I got annoyed with MG. The reason for the annoyance is something that probably wouldn't have been such an issue if it hadn't brought up past feelings in a different relationship. I feel bad that because of something done/said in the past it effected my reaction to what was done/said the other night. Poor MG was wondering why things were weird all of a sudden. In my need to hide how I feel and not want to confront my feelings I didn't think about it or talk about it. Which I'm sure only made him wonder more. After leaving him and heading home I took the long way. I made myself figure out why I was so bothered. I was planning on talking to him about it but since he left today I didn't want to get into it when he stopped by to say goodbye.

He phoned me later and brought it up. Asked why things are weird. So I explained why. Of course now because of my insecurities I'm all worried he is going to like me less. I don't really think that's the case it's just a nagging fear. I'm glad that he asked me to tell him and I'm glad that I did. That's some personal growth for me there.

Past relationship baggage can be good though. One of the things I learned from a previous relationship is that communication is a huge key to a relationship. It is because of that lesson that I made myself think about why I was so bothered so that I'd actually talk/tell him about it rather than just ignore it.

BTW MG said he wasn't reading my blog anymore. I told him it really doesn't bother me if he does. He decided that he didn't want to read it in case I hold back in what I blog. So for now I guess he won't read. I did tell him to go ahead and read it if he changes his mind.

5 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

NO ADVICE ON THE MG THING BUT DID YOU REALIZE THAT JULY IS JUST AROUND THE BEND? ISN'T THAT WHEN THE SNOW MELTS AND YOU CANADIANS CAN COME OUTSIDE AND PLAY? RIVERS ARE WARM ENOUGH TO SWIM? I DON'T KNOW IF YOUR RIVERS EVER GET THAT WARM..I NOTICED YOU FOLKS WEAR A LOT OF WET SUITS, SO I ASSUME COLD WATER. TALL SHIPS ARE HERE NEXT WEEKEND. PICS TO FOLLOW

1:33 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

MG told me to e-mail him all new posts.

4:55 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

Dani, the MG things is all up to you. If a guy says something I don't like he shits his teeth. Be yourself, He'll luv you like we all do. (maybe even more times)

5:39 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yup Mystic July is around the bend. Snow has already melted though and it's already beautiful weather. I love summer!

Well make sure you email the comments too Chris. :)

Thanks lowk. Don't worry he didn't say/do anything that was offensive. I'm definitely being myself... especially since I know he read my blog and still likes me. :D

(ignoring the bracket comment btw :P)

11:31 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

:p

3:30 PM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker