Saturday, May 21, 2005

I went and saw Star Wars last night. I probably should have waited until tonight but my friend was all hey don't tell crush and we'll go see it tonight. I was just about to say well since I'm going to california I need to save my money when he said. My treat. Well how could I pass that up?? I told him we had to wait until at least 9 since Eelayna and I had plans but when I talked to her earlier she said she didn't know if she could still meet up. Since we were supposed to meet at about 9:30 I figured that if she didn't call me by 9 we'd not be meeting up (she is staying about a half hour drive away from where we were going). I feel bad though since she DID call. Just after 9. He had just finished paying for the tickets though so I had to decline. She (I hope) was still able to go out though since her other friends were also going to be at the bar we were going to.

I talked to crush a few minutes ago and we are hoping to be able to make it for the 9:45 show. I don't really want to go to the later one (10:30) since I have to work tomorrow and so wouldn't be able to go for drinks after. It all depends what time he gets home from work.

I went to high school with this girl (I'll call her singer) and we didn't talk for years. I then ran into her at a bar and we exchanged numbers. We started hanging out pretty regularly. I noticed a pattern though. Whenever we would meet up the conversation would always focus on her and her drama. Now (thankfully) I haven't had a lot of drama in my life so I didn't really 'need' to talk. I do like to talk about fun things or good things going on with me. Somehow the conversation would never get around to me. I figured that if something was going on with me and I really needed to talk she would be there for me. A couple of times she was.

She was also in a band and would always ask me to come watch. More often than not I would. She soon started dating the guitarist and no longer had much time to hang out. We would get together pretty much only when he did something to hurt her or piss her off. She would always want me to see the band play though and made sure to call when they were doing a gig. Well things have been very good between her and the guitarist but they haven't had many gigs which means I haven't seen her for months. I phoned her a couple times to do something and she'd say she would call me later in the week when she was free. I'd never get a call. So I stopped calling her. She called me a month ago to ask me a question about my work. Then again said she'd call me to get together during the week. She didn't call.

Today she left a message on my cell. She was like sorry its been so long since we've talked. The band is playing at a bar tonight I hope you can make it. I am not going to... even if I didn't already have plans I wouldn't go. I don't understand people like her. I don't understand how she can expect me to be there everytime she needs (wants) me to be (and I am there.. I try to always be there for my friends) but not even bother to ask (care) how I am or what is going on with my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Is this person my ex-wife?

I'm pretty sure she's not in Canada, playing in a band, or doing a guitarist though..

We didn't go months without talking, but it still sounds like her lol. I try to drop people like that pretty quickly, I always feel used by them. It usually never works out that way though, I'm the type that will try to be there for people too.

9:53 PM, May 21, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Ditto.

And I always try to be there for my friends. Sometimes my drama (when I have it) can overwhelm me, and I tend to focus more on my shit than other people's. Sooo . . . if I pissed you off by being a drama queen - please forgive me. And I'm apologizing for the future, too, cuz . . . well, you know me!

Love ya Dani!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

10:13 PM, May 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friendship has to go both ways. I agree with Callie and Mark, shes not worth the headache. You deserve better.

8:35 AM, May 22, 2005  
Blogger duff said...

so- how was the movie?

2:27 PM, May 22, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I think everyone knows people like that. Its unfortunate. I was just annoyed to hear her message about the gig.

Calam you have NEVER been like that. Even during your drama I know that if I needed you then you'd be there for me too. It is just coincidence that I wrote that post yesturday.

You are right dawn. I don't need the headache. It still bugs me because I care about her. I have distanced myself from a lot of people I care about because of situations like that and it totally sucks.

I totally LOVED the movie Duff. It was everything I wanted plus more.

11:20 PM, May 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker