Sunday, May 22, 2005

I have not been home much this weekend. I totally didn't want to have a late night last night since I had to work today. Did that actually happen though? Nope. I didn't get home until 5:15am. I didn't start work until 11am so I did at least get around 4 1/2 hours of sleep. LOL

So last night it was definitely NOT a date. Which was (and is) fine. The plan was for a few of us to go to the 9:45 showing of Star Wars. Unfortunately it was sold out. I didn't want to go to the 10:30 showing because then it would be pretty late by the time it ended. At this point I was still following my plan to be home early(ish). We all decided to go to a pub instead. We got there and two of our other friends were also there. Turns out Saturday is name that tune night. I have been to pubs while play that tune was happening and I never really thought it would be any fun. Mostly because I am horrible at remembering the name of the song or the singer let alone know both.

The two guys that were already there go fairly often though and also have great knowledge (and memory) of music so I didn't have to worry about knowing the songs. Instead all I needed to do was participate in the little extra things that bring us points. So at one point we were all dancing out in the parking lot. I did the limbo (did better than I expected I would but not good enough for the points lol). I danced on the seats. I clapped til my hands were red. Did some table top drumming. It was a LOT of fun. I plan on definitely heading there on Saturdays again. (not next saturday though cuz WOO HOO I'll be in California)

We totally closed down the bar ours was the last table to leave. Oh and we managed to get third. (tied with another team though)

After that I drove 'crush' home. He was very drunk. We were talking in my car and he invited me to his backyard for a pop and bonfire. I said sure. I knew what time it was but it was interesting talking to him about high school and since it was already 3am by then I figured whats another half hour. We talked.. and talked.

He talked a lot about stuff that happened with a girl he was in love with in high school. A girl that was not me. I realized then that he wants to be just friends with me. I do think that the others were telling the truth when they said he had a crush on me back then too.. I think he did. I just think he liked this other girl more. He also knew her longer. He did mention there being another girl he was really interested in but didn't mention who. We also talked a lot about our group of friends.

He also mentioned how when we all get together (in a group or seperately) conversation always seems to be about high school. I said it was because we didn't have a now. We all see eachother pretty seldom so we haven't really made a now. I have a friend that I was friends with in high school. (we'll call her Sar) Sar and I started hanging out after high school and at first we talked a lot about back then. Now though back then is rarely brought up. We have so many other things to our friendship that we have so much more to talk about. Every now and then we reminisce but its not that often.

The sun was already coming up by the time I left. I was worried I'd wake up my Dad. I didn't want to wake him up for two reasons. One being that its rude to wake someone up so early. Two because I didn't want a lecture.

Well he totally charmed me this morning. He phoned me around 10 to ask if I wanted a coffee. I of course wanted one. He got home with coffee and an egg mcmuffin. He said he figured I would need a coffee for sure this morning. I said yeah because I was home late. He said he was up and noticed my car wasn't there about ten minutes before I got home. Then he said he was glad I got home when I did so he didn't start to worry. He totally said it in a laughing way. He didn't lecture me at all. I was very happy with that.

After work I went over to my friend Darryls house. We just vegged and watched tv. It was nice and relaxing. Glad I got a chance to see him before I go away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Awww - I'll say it again. You're dad is the sweetest!

Sorry the crush didn't seem to be crushing. Heck - maybe he's the one guy in a million who actually wants to get to know you before he moves onto anything serious.

Don't count him out just yet . . .

10:01 AM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yup :) my Dad is awesome.

I am still friends with 'crush' so I'm sure I'll be seeing more of him. Never know what will happen but at least I know to keep it at the friendship level for now.

11:48 AM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger GoGo said...

And the date wasnt a date.

It might be your writting style but. That experience seemed really patient.

hmmm

needs sparks.
sparks and flirting.
Booze usually helps.

hmm, i dunno

11:25 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Its funny... I am naturally a flirt. I flirt with all my friends.. guys and girls. However when I actually am interested in more than friendship I find it very hard to flirt. Its like I forget how.

Booze would probably help. Although he was very drunk and didn't hit on ME so I'm thinking he just isn't interested.

11:30 PM, May 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker