Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What a weird feeling. Knowing it's my last day. I'm glad/excited but it seems strange. I've been here for nearly 6years. To know that I won't be coming here everyday is just odd. A couple of the guys are taking me out for lunch today. I feel kind of sad about leaving here. Once I'm gone and have started the new job I'm sure I won't really look back but for now it's kind of sad.

I think it's finally hitting me that I'm not working here anymore.

Edit: Wow. Half an hour to go. I'm feeling a little sad. I can't believe that after nearly six years I'm done.

Edit again: I managed to leave without crying. I came close. Everyone was very sweet. I am glad I left there but I'll definitely miss some of them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kal said...

Out with the old, right? Sort of into life-changing right about now, eh?

Good luck.

10:41 AM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yup... the moves I'm making with everything right now is definitely good for me. Even if they are kind of sad. I know I'm better off. :D

11:31 AM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Aw, Dani! :) You'll kick ass at the new job, but I can imagine it's quite weird to leave something that you've been doing for so long. I wish I could do that now. The job I applied for a while back went to someone else. Dammit.

Onward and upward, right?? :)

5:16 PM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks! I hope I kick ass. I'm definitely going to enjoy the challenge. :D

Sorry the job you applied for didn't happen.

5:25 PM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

Yay!!!

You can now shut the door on that part of your life. I know you're going to miss them, but this is really, truly for the best.

And you are SO going to kick ass at the new place.

Enjoy the time off!

7:45 PM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yeah, I know it definitely is the best decision. I'm very much looking forward to the new job. :D

2:37 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

It sounds to me like you left that job in just the right way.

5:31 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

You're right. I did leave the right way. I haven't actually left a job on bad terms. Except for one. Actually when I left it was fine.. it wasn't until they didn't send me my tax info that things went sour.

12:23 PM, August 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker