Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm really excited. The people I interviewed with on Friday for the job I really want to get called me this morning. They'd like to set up an interview with the Director. When I heard her message I was a little nervous that it was the 'I'm sorry we aren't going to hire you' spiel. Turns out I was wrong. Not jumping the gun.. it doesn't mean I have the job. Just one step closer to it.

Went out with some friends last night. I didn't stay long because I was extremely tired. I tried to leave a couple times but my keys kept getting taken away from me. It was sweet they all wanted me to stay. I promised to go out on Thursday if they'd just give me my keys.

Edit: Well I am no longer jobless. In fact today I got offered two jobs. I turned down the bank and opted for accounting assistant (originally interviewed for payables but they thought I'm better suited to the position I received) and I start on Aug. 14. I'm really excited.

14 Comments:

Blogger lowk said...

We're rooting for you Dani. Good luck with the next step. :D

10:21 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks Lowk. They said this meeting is going to be casual... just a chance to meet and greet. Which I am guessing means I have the job unless he just really doesn't like me. LOL

10:35 AM, August 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh!! That's great news! Good luck!!!

Which job is this?

10:39 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks Stephie! It's accounts payable for a large company. It makes me a little nervous because it's much faster paced and busier than here BUT it's also exactly what I want. I am so tired of not having enough to do.

10:42 AM, August 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, best of luck! And fast-paced isn't always that bad, you'll catch on quick I bet! It'll sure make the day go by fast if you have lots to do.

10:44 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you! Good luck!

xoxo

10:59 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Dani, that's awesome. I interviewed for a job a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything. I am excited for you that you got a follow up! Good luck, chica, and let us know how the new job goes!

1:32 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!!!

3:19 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Penny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

7:42 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

WHOO HOO!!!

8:48 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

YAY!!!!!!

See - Told ya it wouldn't take long.

;-)

9:16 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks!

9:19 AM, August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!!

9:49 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Major congrats!!!!

2:16 AM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker