Thursday, August 03, 2006

A couple friends were talking and came to the conclusion that we don't go to enough 'new' places to hang out. So last night we went to a different place for Karaoke. It's kind of a dive. However since we didn't know anyone there I decided it was a good time to sing without drinking first. I have only sang at Karaoke a few times and every time I had drinks first. I sang Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper. I had to ask my friend S to sit beside me and sing so I couldn't hear my voice and she (thankfully) agreed. It was a lot of fun. I was really embarassed but people told me I did a good job. I'm just glad it wasn't horrible.

Tonight I'll be heading to the usual place (just as I promised) for Karaoke. I won't be singing. It's way too daunting to sing there. Too many really good singers and I know too many people.

10 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

You have more guts than I do. I will never ever ever sing kareoke, even if I'm smashed. I know better. I cannot sing. I will never be able to sing. Remember that Angel episode where he sang 'Mandy'? Yeah - kinda like that.

12:23 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Well the place we were at had a lot of people that sing like Angel did. That helped me get the guts. I had fun. Even if it didn't sound good (I couldn't hear myself) it was still fun.

12:29 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I'll be at the beach again. No singing allowed there...the neighbors complain too much.

1:08 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

Glad you had fun. But until they open a kareoke club in my shower I"ll never do it.

3:27 PM, August 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!! lowk, that is funny!! A karoke in the shower!

I like to sing Karoke, I by no means and no way think that I sound good, but I like to do it, it's fun for me. But I am different in that I won't sing when I am drunk, cuz I am way too conscience of the fact that I don't sound good, cuz I am probably slurring my words and not even making an effort to be on key. At least when I am sober, I am NOT slurring my words and making some kind of effort to be somewhat on key!! I love to sing "Jose Cuevo" that is my favorite song to sing. That and older country songs.

Glad you had fun Dani, it is nice to go to new places where people don't know you! You can get away with so much more!

4:24 PM, August 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO! I just realized, when you start your new job Dani, will you be able to use the internet?? Are you still going to be able to talk to us?? We will miss you! Both here and on email!

4:30 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

See when I'd drink I wouldn't care what I sounded like so I'd sing. Not often though.

Yeah when I work at the new job I doubt I'll be online. I will do my blogging and emailing from home in the evenings.

4:36 PM, August 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmfao! Angel singing Mandy...tff! that *was* the end of the world...

9:59 PM, August 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops...that was me...post about this.

lmao!

trix.

10:00 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on going to new places and trying new things. Definetly the way to go!

2:21 AM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker