Monday, August 21, 2006

We didn't end up going out Saturday night. Instead we had a girls night IN. S (I'll call her Miss Phina from now on) was pretty stressed and upset and not in the right mindframe to party. I didn't mind. It had been a while since I had a girls night in. We watched a sappy movie, drank wine, talked and cried.

Miss Phina really wanted to go to Sylvan Lake to meet up with the guy she just started seeing so when we got up in the morning we decided to go for a roadtrip. It takes just over an hour to get there so we stopped at her place for some tunes and away we went. He was working all day though so we hung out with his roomates and their kids at the waterslides and then spent a few hours on the beach. It was a great day. So relaxing. For her it was just what the doctor ordered. She was able to get her mind off things here. I have to say it was great for me too.

We're planning on heading out there again next weekend after Mis Phina is off work. The roomate is hoping to borrow a friends boat so we can go boating. If he can't though we'll spend the day at the lake playing in the water and sunbathing again. Hopefully the weather co-operates.

5 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

ROAD TRIP! I haven't done that in a long time...everything is so planned out when you grow up. I suffer from Peter Pan syndrome...I won't grow up! I won't grow up....
I am pleased you had a good time. Better hurry up and get those beach days in now...Winter is almost here.....for you. I'm watching for our next Tropical Depression to form into HURRICANE.

5:13 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

Sounds like fun! I want one of those. Road trips, days at the waterslides or beach - anything. So much fun.

Have fun at work this week!

9:01 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

LOL yeah I definitely have peter pan syndrome! You're totally right.. winter is just around the bend. I now wish I had quit the second job sooner because I missed out on a lot of beach time due to working.

Thanks Callie!!

12:00 AM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

We had fun at the ocean. Living so close and not using it stinks. We have to wait until family flys hundreds of miles to take advantage of what is in our back yard...Does not make much sense does it? I saw your temps and knew your time was running out. We go until OCT before it gets cold. Short Sleeves in November, Jackets in December. I need to take more beach pics....

4:56 AM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Don't rub it in Mystic! You're right... the nice weather time is running out. It's already really cool at night time.

I haven't done a girls night IN in a long time Motherdear. It's definitely a nice change of pace. :D

4:54 PM, August 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker