Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I feel like a retard. I'm home sick from work today. I went in and left after about twenty minutes. The reason.... I have pink eye. That's right I'm home from work for pink eye. I was pretty much told to go home. One reason is because it's so contagious and the other reason is my eye is so swollen I have barely see out of it. I love that about my job. They are so great. Another indication that I really like this job is when I was leaving I didn't feel happy to have a day off. At my old job I would have been so happy to be heading home.

The weekend was great. Miss Phina and went to visit the boys again. Spent Sunday on the beach. Despite a stressful situation that I will not get into on the blog we still had a great time. The weather was awesome. I did however end up with a (very) mild case of heat stroke. I was careful and paid a lot of attention to how hot I was getting. The problem is it does sneak up on you a bit. Glad I was paying close attention though otherwise I might not have caught the warnings and gotten really sick.

I didn't end up getting any pictures. I kept forgetting my camera in the car. It's too bad. Miss Phina and I are discovering just how much alike we are. It's to the point that (by accident and sometimes on purpose) we dress alike. It started out just being coincidental but then we decided since we dress alike without planning it would be funny to plan it too. Hopefully I'll remember my camera and have pics for you all.

10 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

Could you explain how you get heat stroke when it's (56 degrees f)and catch pink eye on top of that..you are a walking infectious disease. Kind people sent you home to mend...Good. Get well soon. Which one of the children gave you pink eye? I really do hope you are feeling better soon.

12:17 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Well today is cool out. Sunday was not though. lol

I'm not sure which kid gave it to me.... or how I got it. I just hope I don't/haven't given it to anyone else.

1:47 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Aw, getting pink eye sucks. Hang in there, Dani!

And I'm glad to hear that you're still loving your new job. :)

5:34 PM, August 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink eye? That is just six shades of suck.

9:21 PM, August 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, pink eye sucks!! I have kids at the preschool getting that all the time, it is VERY contagious! You should find out if the kids even have it, if they don't, you should let the mom know that you have it and she can watch for it!

Glad you are liking your job! Catch up with you soon! My job is very crazy these days with the beginnning of school and all!

11:08 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yup it definitely sucks. What sucks more though is along with the pink eye I also got a cold. The pink eye seems to be clearing up thankfully.

Don't worry Mac everyone I was around knows I have pink eye.

11:39 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Pink eye? You should have used protection.

3:56 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Mark said...

Hope your eye is feeling better!

7:45 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

Wow, no wonder I had a dream about you. I hoppe your feeling better. That heat stroke shit is nothing to take for granted. Be carefuland get well soon.

6:57 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

LOL Chris

Thanks Mark! The pink eye is quite a bit better.

Trust me Lowk ever since I ended up in the hospital with heat stroke (3 or 4 years ago) I have been very careful when spending a lot of time outside. Thanks :) oh and was it a good dream?

10:55 AM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker