Saturday, January 14, 2006

Last night I went out with Sticky and C for a bit. I drove Sticky home and we were having a smoke in my car before he went in. This kitten started meowing at us. It sat staring at the car and meowing. Then it wandered underneath the parked car in front of us. It crouched there staring at us and meowing. We both were like omg awww that poor kitten. Then we saw it lift one of its paws and meow. Put that paw down and lift the other one. It was obviously very cold. We couldn't just leave it there so Sticky went out and brought it into my car.

It was so playfull! So cute too. It's paws were so freakin cold. It was over 15 minutes before they actually felt warm. Poor baby. We had a dilemna though. I couldn't bring it home since my Dad hates cats. Sticky couldn't bring it inside unless he got permission from D. Since D is allergic to cats. We tried getting ahold of him but no luck.

We drove to the humane society and of course it was closed. We were hoping there was a number we could call to find out where to drop it off. No luck. Then we got a phonebook to try find a number. No luck. I called my friend S (he has a cat and would be up at that time of night) he wasn't home though and didn't know when he would be.

We just didn't know what to do. Sticky was trying to think of anyone he knows who would be up at that time of night. He thought about the people we know at the bar and maybe one of them would be there. Then went wait a minute. Why don't we go to the bar and see if any of the girls can keep it.

Off we went. He went in to talk to them and then came out and got me to bring the kitty inside. Sure enough one of the waitresses had a home for it at least overnight and possibly for good. We hung out there playing with the kitty for a bit when one of the regulars there heard about it. She said she'd take it for her grandbaby.

YAY the kitty has a permanent home! On the way back to Stickys though we were both missing the kitty. We only had it for a couple hours but we totally got attached. Thankfully because she is a regular we'll get updates on how it's doing.

Kitty

Demon kitty

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Nice kitty. We already got 4 cats at my place. Kinda solves the old mouse problem.

2:20 AM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

Awww! What a cutie!!!

I want another one. But, as Lowk isn't that crazy about the cats, I guess I'll wait until I'm an old lady. Then, I can become the old lady with all the cats.

:-D

10:02 AM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

If I was living on my own I would have taken it. I don't really like cats that much but it was a very cute kitty. We got pretty attached to it.

12:22 PM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

Did'nt either of you think of stuffing it in the mail slot at the pound??

12:44 PM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yes we did... and no we couldn't.

12:48 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker