Friday, January 06, 2006

I can't believe it's Friday already. This has been a pretty crazy week. I have to say though that only working the second job one night this week has been so nice. I was actually home for supper one night this week. My Dad was shocked. I was also able to catch up on some of the shows I watch and relax before heading out.

So it's over with Dillon. It probably should have been over before this but I know the reasons behind how he was treating me so I kept giving it a chance. Christmas is a bad time for him and for me so I was more forgiving than I maybe should have been. I think he is a great guy. I still really like him. He is going through some tough times right now and I totally feel for him. That being said.. I will not let him treat me badly. I know he likes me. I know he didn't mean to treat me badly. I still won't stick around for it. I need to be/feel respected in a relationship and last night I definitely didn't feel that way.

His buddy talked to me last night after Dillon left and heard my side of things. Tried to put Dillons side into a different perspective but no matter how you look at it he was disrespectful. His buddy said he'd talk to him. I told him that if Dillon calls I'm willing to talk to him but I will not be treated the way I was and if he doesn't see that he did anything wrong then there is no use in talking. I also said that I'm done going to him. I'm here and won't turn him away but I'm not going to approach him.

I'm very sad about it but I'll be ok. I know the decision is the best one for me. I know I am worth more. I know I don't deserve the way he was treating me. I'm proud of myself for knowing that and for being able to walk away. A couple years ago I probably would have stayed around. I think the thing that makes this so hard is that I know he isn't a jerk. He isn't that type of guy. It's just the things going on right now for him are overwhelming him. So I feel terrible for him. Still. I need to look after my happiness.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. However, if his behavior that past couple of weeks was due to other things going on in his life, he shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place. If he explained to you that he was going through a rough time, but didn't think he could handle you trying to be there for him, he should have ended things long ago. Instead he strung you along, treated you badly and hurt you. He may not be a bad guy, but maybe he just wasn't mature enough to handle the relationsip at this point in time. Either way I'm sorry you feel bad. *HUGS*

10:53 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

The thing is we started things before it fell apart. So we were already involved. I agree though.. the stuff going on is NO excuse to treat me shitty... no matter what.

Thank you. *HUGS back*

11:02 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger PJ said...

Boys suck. Not much more to it than that. That's why I only date girls. ;)

Feel better, playa.

11:11 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

Dani - it doesn't really matter what is going on in a person's life. If they care about you, then they won't treat you badly. Period. End of Story. Sardi's right - he is entirely too immature for a real relationship.

I am sorry you're upset, though. (((HUGS)))

11:15 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yeah you're right boys suck. Maybe I need to switch for a while.

Thanks Callie

12:30 PM, January 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for putting you first. You deserve so much. You're a wonderful, beautiful, kind person.

8:37 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger AVIANA said...

Put you first. Most people can't do that. Don't be a martyr of love. People only feel for martyrs of love after the martyr has suffered so much that it is destructive. But remember martyrs of love don't always die. Shit happens in peoples lives everyday, if they want you and care about you they won't disrespect you. There is no excuse to disrespect your significant other. That is selfishness. Stay positive and good job although it probably hurts.

www.lisafrancisco.blogspot.com

8:14 PM, January 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're putting yourself first. don't let others treat you crappy, you know you deserve more. but sorry you're not in a good mood tho.

trix.

7:10 AM, January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker