Sunday, October 09, 2005

So my birthday is nearly over. I had a really good birthday. Other than being hungover.

Friday night was great with two of my best friends. D and I have a tradition. Instead of a present he takes me out for dinner. Since it was also Olyas birthday she came with us. He totally spoiled us rotten. We went to a really nice restaurant called the Four Rooms. Lots of really good food and a lot of really good alcohol. I didn't get drunk though.. just a little tipsy. We had some wonderful dessert. Olya got me some really nice perfume.

Saturday we dressed up (Dayna and I) because of my cousins wedding. After that we headed Bo's to catch the hockey game. We won in overtime shoot out. It was awesome. The atmosphere was great. I got a really awesome Teddy Bear from his divine shadow. I was very surprised and pleased with that. :)

Bear

Most of the rest of the night is a blur. I remember beating up on my co-worker, being loud, dancing a lot and many many shots of Jager. We actually won Name that Tune which shocked me since I was paying absolutely NO attention to the game. They didn't make me do anything. I was pretty surprised by that.

Me after beating up Rahey

(More pics in flickr)

All in all I had a blast. At least.. I did until the end. I spent another birthday puking and saying 'I hate my birfday'. Then I cried. I was embarrassed about puking so I embarrassed myself more by crying about it. *rolls eyes* I drank SO freakin much its no wonder I was puking. I am not at all embarrassed about that anymore. Now though I'm totally embarrassed about the crying. How lame is that. I thankfully had some wonderful friends looking after me and calming me down. Then Dayna, B and C took me home and tucked me into bed. After puking some more we started singing sappy songs. Which perked me up again and we stayed up for a couple more hours.

I barely talked to DJman at all. He also never wished me a happy birthday. I guess that gives a pretty good idea on where we stand.

Today I woke up a few times and kept going back to sleep. D came in and finally woke us all up. We spent some time laughing and hanging out. Then I headed home to take a badly needed shower and get ready for relatives to get here. Turns out because my Aunts and Uncles were in town for my cousins wedding my Dad decided to do thanksgiving supper here. It was awesome to see my relatives. Turkey was so yummy! I got TWO cakes. :D They all sang happy birthday and I got a card. It was really really sweet the way they ALL wished me a happy birthday. I feel very special.

11 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Awwwww!!! Hope your hangover goes away quickly. Glad you had a good time (well, except for the puking and crying thing).

Hubby and I still have to go get your present. We're such slackers. LMAO. Actually, Munchkin is sick (again), so I'm doing the mommy-thing, and making sure she stays home and covered, etc. Hopefully, next weekend we'll be able to go shopping!

9:21 AM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thank you!!! I'm not worried about the gift. :)

1:21 PM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger PJ said...

Glad your birthday was good. Some birthday's just aren't the same if you're not sick and crying by the end of them!

Sorry to hear that what-his-face didn't holla on your birthday. Same thing happened to another friend of mine...only it was his WIFE that didn't bother to call him and wish him a happy birthday (they're separated...apparently for good reason...)

1:50 PM, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! Nice dress lady!

3:31 PM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Ew that would suck even more. Your own wife not wishing you a happy birthday sucks ass.

Thank you Erika!!

3:38 PM, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dani, who? Oh, you mean the girl with the .20 blood concentration in her alcohol stream? Yeah... I know who you're talking about." -Overheard at another blog

3:48 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Overheard at another blog?? Which one?

9:10 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I don't feel that I need to validate the drinking. I rarely drink. I haven't been drunk since June. I haven't been THAT drunk in a lot longer of time. Since I only drink occassionally its not an issue of needing to validate it. I probably won't be drinking again until New Years and even then it will be less than I had on Saturday. Its actually nights like Saturday that remind me WHY I don't drink often. Although other than the puking part I had a great time... lol

1:15 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger JR said...

A happy b-day to ya! Glad you had a good one, dispite the rough patch at the end. I'm always available to break DJMan's legs, btw. Just sayin'... :P

You know we all love you!

6:17 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks Justin :D

I figured you were Tydes Perdition but I thought I'd answer it anyway. Just in case ;)

12:53 PM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Well people say it isn't a party until Dani cries. LOL LOL let me tell ya.. it was a party! LOL

2:31 PM, October 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker