Tuesday, October 04, 2005

So my Daddy appears to be ok. I am so relieved! The problem may happen again but medicine will fix it. If it happens more frequently then there may be something else going on but the doctor is pretty sure that it won't be an issue. WHEW

My Dad does however need an operation for an unrelated thing. It should be a fairly simple operation but because of his other operation it isn't quite so simple. He will be in the hospital for about 4 days (normally would be in and out) and off work for a month. It isn't an emergency but he needs to get it done within the year. He'll probably do that in February.

I can't even begin to describe the relief I feel knowing that he is ok. I could feel the tension go out of me when he told me what the doctor said.

Another thing that I remembered happened on Saturday. I was walking by some people and one of them stopped me. I turned to him and was like yeah? He goes I just wanted to tell you that I think you are beautiful. :D

Edit: I sort of did the meme Kal had on his site. I say sort of because I typed in the year I was born and got the list. Instead of putting the whole list here though I'm just going to put a couple songs that stood out.

12. Dancing Queen, Abba ~ I did NOT know this song came out the year I was born. I used to play this song all the time over and over when I was a kid and dance around the living room to it. Actually I'm not sure dancing is the right word. I'd stare up at the ceiling and spin around and around and around. If you stare at the ceiling when you spin you don't really get dizzy. I'd do this for hours!

19. Hotel California, Eagles ~ My niece (who is turning 8 the week after I turn 28) cried a lot when she was a baby. She hated to be put down. Hated when you were holding her and you sat down. She LOVED this song though. Put this song on and you could put her down or sit down with her. She wouldn't cry. Soon as the song was over she'd start crying again.

71. Star Wars Theme-Cantina Band, Meco ~ Star Wars!!!! I love Star Wars. My Mom went and saw it when pregnant with me....

99. Star Wars (Main Title), London Symphony Orchestra ~ Again I say Star Wars! I love Star Wars!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Hey, Dani. Glad to hear your dad's fine.

Oh, and ABBA?? Seriously?? Our musical tastes couldn't be more different...not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

2:01 PM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you or anyone that visits now a good site to upload MP3 files so I can have some music on my website?

4:04 PM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger JR said...

Love the Star Wars connection...powerful, it is. Use it, you should. Shut up, I will. :P

4:14 PM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

Good to hear pops is fine. How are you holding up? If there is ANYTHING at all callie or I can do. Don't hesitate to ask. We're here for you.

3:57 AM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Dirty Gypsy! Good to see you back!! As far as ABBA.. I love the sappy crap! LOL

Sar ~ Sorry I can't help ya with that.

Justin ~ :D Love Yoda!

Lowk ~ Thanks! I know I can always count on you and Callie!!!

Motherdear ~ :D thank you. I think you did the Meme right. I am the one that did it differently than it was supposed to be (I think). I was curious about the top 100 songs for the year I was born. I think it was supposed to be the year you graduated though.

2:37 PM, October 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker