Monday, September 26, 2005

Happy Birthday to Bob! (I don't think he reads my blog but a happy birthday here anyway!)

I had a pretty good weekend. I headed out to a bar with a friend. We met up with some guys she knows from University. We danced a lot. I ran into my neighbor there too. That was a little strange. He told me about him and the other neighbor arguing over how old I am. The other neighbor was sure I am not older than 21. He said he guessed about 26. I laughed and told him I'll be 28 soon. The guys I met through the friend also were sure I couldn't be older than 22. I even told them to guess high. I LOVE looking younger than I am.

Saturday I finally caught up a lot on my sleep. I slept most of the day away. Then of course headed out to Name that Tune. I wasn't so much in the mood for it but as usual I ended up having a great time. We stayed pretty late and then headed out for breakfast. I got home around 4:30am. It was just a blast.

Suday I worked and then my nieces were over for supper. It was great to spend some time with the family. After they left I went to a friends for some poker. Which I sucked at but still had a good time. Four of us got into a fit of laughter. I love laughing like that. Sure it hurts to laugh so hard but it just feels so good. Stress just seems to leave with the laughter.

I am starting to feel more like myself again. I think part of the problem was me wanting so much attention and feeling like I wasn't getting it. I got really used to everyone saying how great I am and started to feel down when it wasn't about me anymore. It was like what have they replaced me? Its stupid though. Obviously everything can't be all about me (except here of course) and of course they still love me even when not talking about me. So I am going back to the way I was before I got so much attention. I will go back to LOVING the attention but stop expecting it. Stop thinking about how much attention I got that night or the one before.

I still really like the DJman but its easier to accept that it isn't going to work. One of the problems before is I was thinking there is something wrong with me. Thats why he didn't seem to have time for me. I just wasn't good enough for him to bother. After some more time spent with him and discovering HOW he spends his time and what is important to him I think its clearer that a girlfriend is very low on his list of priorities. Its easier to see him without wishing to be dating him knowing that.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY BOB!!
Psst tomorrow is moms birthday....
COme down for thanksgiving and I will give you all the attention you want, PLEASE come.....

2:38 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Well, you know that we'll give you attention, too.

;-)

3:23 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

The attention won't be on ME Sar. It will be on you! The baby Momma!

Yup Callie.. I know :)

Thanks for the info mph! I'll try head over there with a question in the near future.

8:32 AM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Shanshu said...

"I ran into my neighbor there too."

Did you say 'excuse me'? Get it? Because you ran into him...you know, like a collision?

HAHAHAHA...HA...ha?

Ok, sorry. I'm lame today. Please ignore my retarded jokes and go about your business.

Nothing to see here! Move along!

8:36 AM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger JR said...

I wish there was some kinda' name that tune around here! Sounds fun, you're always having a good time there. Glad to hear DJMan is getting easier to deal with, maybe I won't have to break his legs?

5:54 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger PJ said...

Shan, that was awesome. I haven't heard you use that since Freshman year.

Good work.

4:20 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

Even though I may not comment often. I always ask Callie if she talked with you and how you are. The attention may not always be visible, But it will never go away. "hugs"


p.s. TY again.

8:27 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

You know if you really were 21 you would be thrilled if someone guessed 28. :)

2:07 AM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker