Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Since my birthday is coming up and a friends birthday is the week before I've been thinking about upcoming Name that Tune and the drinking I will do there. I am not really a big drinker. I do drink occassionally and I have one or two drinks every week at Bo's. Not enough to get me tipsy though. I am usually the designated driver so its not like I really can drink.

For our birthdays though I probably will not be driving. I'll definitely drink on my birthday but will probably also drink the weekend before for my friends birthday. I honestly am not sure if I want to drink though. See, I always have fun BUT I don't want to do anything that I might be embarassed about for weeks to come.

When I drink (as it is for most people) the inhibitions leave. My filter leaves too though. I will think saying or doing something is a good idea and it may not be the best idea but I do it anyway because the filter isn't there to stop me. I wouldn't do anything like take my clothes off or something but I might say something that I don't necessarily want people knowing.

I've been told many many times that while I'm totally fun to party with sober I am EVEN MORE fun to party with when I drink and I've never had people tell me that I've done stupid things. However I just don't want to be embarassed the next time I go out.

The last time I got really really drunk though I was out of control. Again I still didn't do anything that I really regret just was WILD. I talked to anyone and everyone. I felt the bartenders chest. I could have been on girls gone wild other than it would have to be a clothed version. I woke up the next morning very embarassed. The more embarassing part though (and this was due to starting off the drinking with wine) was that by the end of the night I went from happy fun girl to sobbing upset about stupid things girl. THAT is what I fear most happening. That I will become upset (about something totally stupid) and it will no longer be me being the fun girl it will be me being the cryer. Again.

17 Comments:

Blogger Gordy said...

It's always good to know your limitations and reactions, particularly where alcohol is involved..but then again..birthdays are for having extra fun, and not caring what anyone else thinks..you go girl!

10:40 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

While I'm partying and drinking I won't care what they think. Its after the partying is over that I go oooh man what did I say/do/cry for?!

10:45 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Well, maybe you should have a limit, and have someone who you trust make sure you stay within that limit. That way, you don't do the whole drunk emotional breakdown. I hate those. They are the WORST.

Sadly, I'm one of those drunks that are completely sober until they're falling down drunk. It happens almost instantaneously. I can be in complete control of myself, take one sip of a drink, and it will hit me like a ton of bricks. Which sucks. Cuz I don't usually get the fun/tipsy/party vibe. I get the "these drinks are not affecting me in the least" and the "God, I think I'm gonna puke" vibes. There's no in between. Wah.

btw - what do you want for your b-day???

10:49 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I have many people I trust that will look out for me. However I'm (usually) very good at seeming less drunk than I am when I want to. So they won't be able to tell that I have had enough and if they think I have I will be able to convince them I am fine and can have another. I know because I've done that before. lol

I don't want anything but happy birthday wishes. :D

11:02 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Penny said...

I'm like you, Dani, in that I lose all my inhibitions when I'm drinking. Including the clothing ones, I'm afraid. :s So I try not to get that drunk anymore. The good thing is I've learned my limits.

Sooo, here's my thing. I drink until I feel a buzz, but not "drunk" per se. Then I stop for a bit until the buzz is gone and start all over again.

2:17 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Hmm I'll have to try that Penny. The problem is once I start I just seem to continuously have a drink in hand. I don't really stop to think if I'm drunk or not. LOL

2:43 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

I wish I had advice but, I have been drunk twice and buzzed only a couple of more times. I did find that if I had one more drink after I got that first little feeling of a buzz I was drunk but not stupid/stumbling/puking drunk.

Either, way just make sure that at least one person you completely trust is staying sober to keep you out of trouble and have fun cuz, It's your birthday!

2:44 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Gee, why do I feel like I've had this conversation before? ;-)

4:04 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Unfortunately, I've had a couple of birthday events that, well, didn't exactly leave me covered in glory. Let's just say that I didn't exercise good judgement in my actions and leave it at that. ;-)

7:10 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

There will definitely be people looking out for me.

You can't leave it at that Mossy! Tell stories!

8:52 AM, September 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy upcoming Birthday!!
Whatever you do, you'll have a blast. With friends there for you, and watching out for you, you wont end up on the news for dancing naked on the tables...or in the street.

:-)

10:46 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Shanshu said...

I actually read the words "girls gone wild" and started to freak out and get excited...and then I read the "with clothes" part and my world came crashing down in a pile of lost hopes.

1:00 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

You girls have great control. I drink till munchkin says I've had enough. And Callie knows that kid won't say anything.

3:11 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

I agree, Mossy, we need stories.

5:32 PM, September 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry this has nothing to do with your post, though I do have some stories I am way to nice to share. But you Are welcome here for thanksgiving dinner. And did you know that there is a sequel to "the Sarantine Mosiac"?

8:54 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger JR said...

Well, it sounds like you have a good time at name that tune and whatnot, your happiest sounding posts come from your time socializing there. Just have to learn to find your limits. Sometimes for me, I've had enough, but I want a drink in my hand to feel more comfortable. SO, I get something light, like diet coke and lemon... :)

Anywho, if you do get to feeling tipsy, feel free to rub my chest without guilt... hey, I'm just saying...

1:44 AM, September 25, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

It could be that when you are sobbing upset girl, that you may need to drink your way through it back to happy fun girl, kind of like athletes who get a second wind?

I am just kidding. I have been fall on the floor pass out drunk, but that was many years ago in the Navy. Now I am 2 beers friendly guy when drinking, and I am afraid it will soon have to be lite beers.

2:00 AM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker