Thursday, October 06, 2005

Since my birthday is coming up and I actually have a get together planned for it an old fear is coming to the surface. The fear is that no one will really show up for my birthday. The fear is an old one. I've had parties before that have turned out very well. Other than the one where I had WAY too much tequila and was in the bathroom saying 'I hate my birfday' for most of the night.

The reason though I have this fear is when I was turning 12 I was allowed to have ten people sleep over. This is the first time I was allowed so many people to actually stay over for my birthday and I was SO excited. I invited the ten people and they were to show up around 4pm.

I got everything ready and at 4pm my best friend showed up. So we hung out and waited for the rest of the people. And waited. And waited. No one else showed up. No one phoned. No one told me they weren't coming. On the friday before they ALL said they'd be there. I was absolutely crushed.

Ever since then though I try not to really organize birthday gatherings. I have had some parties for my birthday but one of them was organized by someone else and the other was thrown together last minute and I didn't really invite specific people. I just said party at my house show up anyone that can.

So now its coming up to my birthday celebration and people are already saying they are doing something else before showing up and will be there later. I'm afraid they won't show up at all. I know I'll still have a good time. I know there will be some people there for sure. I can't help but picture me sitting at a big reserved table with only a couple of the chairs filled up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mossy Stone said...

I understand that fear. I was worried about planning Penny's surprise party and thought it might be totally lame.

Have no fear. You'll be surrounded by those who love you and some who may wish to love you. ;-)

We'd be there if we could, so hoist a couple for us.

2:50 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Ditto what Mossy said, Dani. I know your friends will be there. Don't you worry.

Have a shot for me, too. And a Caesar, if possible. YUM!!

3:17 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks guys. I'll have a drink or two for you!

4:15 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

Aww Danikins! It'll be a fantastic birthday, don't you worry! You are such an amazing, wonderful person and your friends must know that!

If I was in Edmonton, I'd show up for sure!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too, eh?

7:09 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I'm sure I'll have more than a couple for me. :)

I don't think anyone is bringing anything funny... I think I am the entertainment. :P

Thanks Stephie you'd also be totally invited!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

8:37 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

I am with you in spirit. Fortunately on my birthday, I knew no one would show up so I was able to keep from getting my hopes up. :)

12:11 AM, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker