Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A friend of mine (D) owns a house. He now (as of Oct.1) has two roomates (B and Dayna). All three of them are very good friends of mine. I've known them for years. I was asked to move in as well but really I have it WAY too good living with my Dad to move. I've been spending quite a bit of time over there though and have a blast.

Dayna and D watched Amityville Horror on Saturday night (Sunday morning) after Name that Tune. It freaked her out so much that she slept in D's bed that night and the next. B and I didn't watch it with them since we both had to work on Sunday. Last night I went over to watch it. Dayna didn't want to be there to watch it again so her and D went out to run some errands.

The night was perfect for watching a horror movie. Stormy out. So we turned off all the lights and lit some candles. At first we were on seperate chairs. The movie began and about 20 minutes into it B joined me on the couch. About halfway through the movie his phone rang. He has the theme to halloween on it and so naturally that freaked the shit out of me.

It has been a very long time since I've watched a movie that creeped me out nearly that much. Some of the scenes were stuck in my head for a long time after. Near the end of the movie Dayna phoned me. I had my phone on vibrate so the sound of that on the coffee table made me jump. I answered with 'Shut up! Leave me alone!'.

When the movie ended we were watching Family Guy when the doorbell rang. We knew it would be them trying to freak us out but we didn't expect it done that way. So B goes to answer the door and as soon as he starts opening Dayna banged on it with a stick and was wearing a very creepy looking head that was hanging to the side. It actually freaked both of us out. Even though we KNEW it was just Dayna and D.

I went home shortly after that. I actually had a nightmare because of the movie. I can barely remember the dream but it had something to do with Family Guy and then something out of the movie happened and I shot out of bed. It took a few minutes for my breathing to become normal again.

I love scary movies.

11 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

LOL!

I saw the original Amityville Horror movie when I was about 10 or 11, and that movie freaked me out so much, I don't think I slept with the lights off for over a year. To this day, I refuse to watch that movie, or any re-makes. NO THANK YOU.

(But I DO love scary movies!!!)

2:40 PM, October 18, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I don't remember the first one scaring me so much. Maybe I repressed it. LOL LOL

2:42 PM, October 18, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

Sounds like a great night. Wanna watch the Exorsit with us at mid-night??

9:33 PM, October 18, 2005  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I saw Amityville Horror a few weeks ago -- it didn't scare me too much, but I got a huge kick out of my friend's kids jumping everytime something happened.

But I *did* manage to scare my roommate pretty good last night. Heh. She went to get something out of her car, and I just happened to be standing near the front door when she came back in and I couldn't resist the urge to yell something. She screamed, and then beat me with her shoe. It was hilarious. :)

9:46 AM, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kinds of movies freak me out as well. Especially when they're supposed to be based on true stories.

Too funny though that they freaked you guys out.

11:44 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger PJ said...

Scary movies are the best. Unfortunatly, it takes a ton to scare me movie-wise nowadays.

Doesn't take much to scare me in real life. Just mutter, "I think I'm pregnant..."

;)

12:15 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

The exorcist never really scared me. I haven't seen the remake though so maybe that one would. lol

Beat you with her shoe! Too funny!

The funniest part about them freaking us out is that we were expecting it and they still managed it. LOL

I usually don't get too scared with movies but for some reason that one did it. I think it's because of it being based on a true story.

1:45 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger GoGo said...

Nothin scarier than a cat with hands.

http://www.jengajam.com/r/Cat-With-Hands

1:51 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

That was creepy!

2:29 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

I have yet to see the new one but the old one freaked me out when I was younger.

4:21 PM, October 22, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

If it freaked you out when you were little the new one would probably freak you out a bit now... unless movies like that don't scare you at all anymore...

1:14 PM, October 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker