Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I am so glad that it's already Wednesday. I work both jobs too much this week and the weekend really wasn't long enough. I have a bit of a cold. Nothing major just a sniffly nose and a bit of a sore throat. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse though.

Oilers lost their first game last night. They NEED to stop taking so many damn penalties. One loss in four games is pretty good but they play Dallas next and the Calgary right after so I hope they get back on top of their game. Those are two teams I will be very upset if they lose to.

I keep thinking about the weekend and my birthday. I keep replaying certain things in my head. One of those is me lying in Bs bed with B beside me and Dayna sitting at my feet. Me lying on the edge of the tub they gave me in case I threw up some more. Them being so sweet and taking care of me. For whatever reason (Dayna doesn't remember why either) we start singing 'Open Arms' by Journey. Me quietly since my voice is hoarse and I'm still feeling sick. Them a little louder but sort of toned down. Then it gets to the chorus and I flinging my arms open. Hitting B. Belting out the chorus. Then us all giggling over how cheesy that was. Its one of my favorite moments of the night.

I can't thank all my friends enough for how wonderful they were in taking care of me. I appreciate that more than they know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You sang Open Arms? You had to have been drunk. There's no other possibility.

10:23 PM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Shanshu said...

It seems like everybody is getting sick lately. I really hope this isn't some new trend, because I hate being sick...yet I know if all of the cool kids are doing it, I'll jump in too.

7:06 AM, October 13, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

LOL I'm a sucker for sappy music.

Ooooh! I'm a cool kid?!

11:30 AM, October 13, 2005  
Blogger Ruvym said...

I think the Oilers are gonna kick ass this year, but unfortunately, it's Ottawa's year. Now only if the Rangers could pick up a little slack...

11:57 PM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Well Ottawa is my favorite team in the East so it being their year isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)

I think the Oilers need to do something with Conklin. He needs his old number back or something... he definitely isn't playing the way he was last season. Jussi has been great so far though so thankfully we at least have one goalie good enough to help us win games.

Sorry... so not a fan of the Rangers. Although I must thank them for all the help they've given in the past.... Nedved for example. Hmm too bad we couldn't keep him. :)

1:25 PM, October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker