Monday, September 12, 2005

Mondays are always LOOOONG days. Today is no different from the usual Monday. Long.. boring.. and still going. I have to work my other job tonight. Having two whole days off in a row was so nice. Until yesturday I had almost forgotten what it was like to actually not work all weekend. I feel a lot more refreshed than I usually do on Monday.

Yesterday was very relaxing. I watched a movie at a friends house. I didn't even put any make up on all day. In the evening we went to another friends house (without make up still) to play some Texas Hold Em. It was the first time I ever played that. I have played poker before and usually do really really badly. However last night playing Texas Hold Em and a couple hands of regular poker I kicked ass. I cleaned up! We weren't playing for money but I have a feeling if we had been I wouldn't have done nearly so well. Both guys there had to use an extra 'buy' in and although Dayna didn't she had no chips left at the end. One of the guys had a few chips left at the end... I had all the rest.

I think we are playing again next Sunday but this time we'll have a $10 buy in. I bet I lose quickly. lol

5 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

I'm one of few that haven't bought into the Texas Hold 'Em thing yet. While I like the game, and like gambling, I'm not into the obsession phase that many have gotten into.

Glad you've had that bit of luck early. I'm sure you'll do fine on Sunday.

6:39 PM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger JR said...

I love hold 'em! I learned a few years ago when I was in Biloxi, Mississippi!

Anywho, glad you got some days off, hope you get some more soon! Everyone needs R&R.

5:58 AM, September 13, 2005  
Blogger Penny said...

I'm afraid I take after Motherdear (and my biological mother, too). Even when we play Rummoli, I have no poker face. If I have something good (which I usually have to confirm by showing my cards to my Dad and saying, "This is good, right?") I get a HUGE grin on my face. My mother hums very happily when she has something good. If we BOTH have something good, we can't look at each other cuz we giggle too much.

6:30 AM, September 13, 2005  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

I know the game is popular now I've never had much of an affinity for poker, despite dtrini's best efforts to entice me.

Maybe I just need to learn the right way. Of course, gambling has never held an appeal. I always felt that you should gamble only if you're prepared to lose whatever you risk. Since I hate losing money under any circumstances....

8:18 AM, September 13, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I'm sure it was first time player luck. I doubt I'll do quite so well next time. I generally don't like gambling either but I am ok with a ten dollar buy in. They wanted to make it twenty and I said no way. I just can't justify that.

I don't really have a poker face. I get very quiet when I play though. They were all commenting on that. Another guy that played before with them is the same way. Just silently plays... and silently wins.

I figure if I talk then I'll give something away. If I don't say a word then I can't give anything away by my voice.

I'm so there if I do well Motherdear!!!

They kept teasing me. Saying 'oh I don't know HOW to play poker' I was like guys. I told you I knew HOW. I never said I didn't KNOW HOW. I just NEVER win. lol lol

9:29 AM, September 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker