Saturday, September 03, 2005

I interupt what I posted earlier to add: After reading the story that Callie posted about the boy saving his family I have finally worked (mostly) through what I want to say about the hurricane catastrophy.

I didn't want to post about it or even talk about it since it happened because I can't even bare to think about it. I can't bare to think about all those poor people suffering. The ones without their homes. The ones getting raped. The ones dead, dying or being murdered. I just can't. I can't even type this without crying for them and their families.

I am one of those people that almost NEVER watch the news because there is always bad news. This news though is beyond normal bad news. This to me is horrible. A nightmare come to life. I can't even imagine going through what the poor people of New Orleans are going through. I think about if something like that happened here and I can't even complete that thought. I wish there was something I could do (above donating money). I wish I could help make things right.

My prayers and my thoughts are with all the people there. I'm sorry that won't be nearly enough help.


Now back to my regular post: I love my new hair color. I liked it after freaking the fuck out right after it was done. Now I love it. I have had so many compliments on it not only by my friends but also by complete strangers.

I'm still feeling kind of crappy. I wasn't able to have a nap after work and must get ready to go out soon. I am heading over to Daynas before going out so she can do my hair and probably touch up my make-up. I love having a friend that is good at that type of stuff. I am so not a girly girl. I like looking like a girly girl but I hate the effort it takes to make myself look like that. lol

Dayna has also given me some pants that no longer fit her but actually fit me really well. Thank goodness I can wear pants that aren't actually going to fall off me.

Name that Tune tonight which means I will be seeing the DJman. I'm a little nervous about that. I really don't know what to expect. I have a feeling he'll act like he doesn't know me and I'll act like I don't know him but I'm not sure thats what will happen. Especially since we will sort of have to interact. I'll let you all know how it goes. Maybe not tonight since I will need to sleep at a decent time so I can be awake for work tomorrow but hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow evening.

13 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Someone told me in awkward situations just to be polite. It has worked for me.

On the other hand I still kind of like the idea of just going up to him and whacking him with a stick.

12:38 AM, September 04, 2005  
Blogger JR said...

Hope all goes well (or went well, the case may be).

7:34 AM, September 04, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Ok, I'll take the low road.

I'd say a swift kick to nuggets is in order, and I don't usually wish that upon many people.

1:34 PM, September 04, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

Actually I took both roads. I like to keep my options open.

10:18 PM, September 04, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

good call

10:37 PM, September 04, 2005  
Blogger JR said...

**We all love 'ya, Dani**

10:37 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

Um, I hope she just said what needed to be said and maybe kicked him in the nuggets, cuz, every future choice he has will then be weighed by whether or not he wants to get a shot to the twins. Hope everything went well.

8:30 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

Good luck sexy. I'm sure you're handle the night like the elegant lady that you are.

8:59 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Hey Dani-honey

Let us know what happened. Whatever it was, it was the right decision for you. I despise it when people just leave everything hanging, and you don't know why. Jerks.

Glad you like your new haircolor!!! Gotta go see if you've posted pics. ;-)

7:03 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I like the alternate ending the best Motherdear!!

Thanks for all the well wishes. Also what is it with people and telling me to kick him in the nuts? I still might... but have not yet kicked him.

8:53 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

If you kick a guy in the nuts you are either one of two things; 1-A coward of a man who has no idea how to fight, or 2-A woman who is trying to teach a man a lesson(easiest lessons learned are the hardest ones to forget, example: gettin a boot to the cajones for...)

9:03 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

He really doesn't deserve to be kicked though. As hurt as I was feeling the guy still didn't actually do anything wrong. He didn't really do anything right either but shouldn't be kicked for that. lol lol

2:30 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Ren said...

You dyed your hair, too? Holy... I have missed a lot.

2:09 AM, September 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker