Thursday, September 15, 2005

As I mentioned I dog sat for my brother and sister in law the other night. It was.... frustrating. Their one dog is the sweetest suckiest dog I've ever met. She LOVES me. As soon as I sit down she jumps on me. She'll put her paws around my neck and rest her chin on my shoulder. It's the cutest thing.

Their other dog though.. he needs to settle the fuck down! I've seen both dogs enough that they know me pretty well. The little dog isn't quite a year yet though. When I got there he freaked out. He was upstairs barking from under thier bed. When I went up there he went nuts with the barking and freaking. I couldn't coax him out no matter what. I even tried getting him out with a fry from McDonalds. No such luck.

I kept periodically going up there. I even brought the other dog and pet her so he'd see that it was ok. Nope still he just freaked the fuck out.

I ended up calling my Dad and getting him to come see if he could coax the little one out. After about 15 minutes of talking to him the little one finally came out. My Dad brought him downstairs and sat with us (Dayna was with me) with the dog to let him get used to me. I let him sniff my hand a couple times but when I went to pet him he BIT me! It wasn't a hard bite it but he teeth scratched my finger.

I drove Dayna home and when I came back I let the little dog sniff my hand more and finally I was able to pet him. My Dad left. The dog freaked out AGAIN! I ignored him and went upstairs to get ready for bed. He stopped barking after a little bit. I came back down to get some water and he FLIPPED out as soon as he saw me. He ran upstairs. I went back up there to go to bed and as soon as he saw me he barked again. I ignored him. He hid in a corner staring at me. I just went to sleep. He stayed in that same corner all night.

When I got up and he saw me he flipped out yet again. So again I ignored him. As long as I didn't actually go near him he stopped barking. My Dad ended up coming over to take him outside. The bigger dog wouldn't really go near my Dad at all but stayed at my side the whole time.

I don't know how they leave the big one.. she is such a suck up and looks so pathetically sad when your leaving I was tempted to stay.

I went back again after work and the little one freaked out again but this time actually calmed down quickly and let me pet him. I took a nap there and when I got up he freaked out again. That dog needs therapy I think. Like seriously I'm there for a couple hours and suddenly he feels the need to freak AGAIN???

Anyway I left around 7 and they were home around 7:30. I'm so glad it was only for one night.

I got a new cell phone last night. I have kept myself entertained today by searching for ringtones. I was playing with my phone so much that the battery is about to die. I love new toys. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Awwww! Poor Dani - stuck with a mad dog for 24 hours. You're much more patient than I. I would have grabbed a kennel and shut it up outside. LOL.

New toy, huh? Hmmmm . . . that sounds almost erotic.

:-P

6:54 AM, September 16, 2005  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Callie, stop stealing my lines!

8:22 AM, September 16, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

If he was bigger I probably would have been very nervous staying there with him. lol He is tiny though.

LOL I knew someone would mention something about me liking new toys. :D

9:43 AM, September 16, 2005  
Blogger Shanshu said...

Pillow dogs annoy me, to begin with. I could never "dog sit" for somebody because I'm pretty sure I would just lose my bunny mind.

You have more patience, than I do.

9:52 AM, September 16, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

I just got a new cell phone, too. I am still trying to figure out how it works.

1:53 AM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker