Thursday, June 23, 2005

I have a story about scissors. Callie wrote about stabbing herself due to freaking out. That is just an example on why you should be careful with scissors in your hands. Here is another one.

I was in high school and at a friend of my boyfriends house. My boyfriend was tickling me and I always kick and flail about when tickled. He asked his friend to help him. K was fixing a leather band with surgical scissors. He decided his pocket was a good place for them while he helped J tickle me. Naturally I kicked and the scissors slashed my leg open. I asked them to watch out for my cut. They stopped and I took a look. I started laughing and pointing. I was like holy fuck how did that happen. You could see the muscle and tendons in my leg.

They promptly freaked out. I sat there laughing while they decided if I should go to a hospital or medi-centre. K was so upset. He kept repeating 'I am so stupid. Why was I so stupid'. I kept trying to reassure him that I was fine.. it was just a cut.

They took me to a medi-centre and K stayed at home since he didn't want to run into my Dad there. My Dad taught him in junior high so he was slightly afraid of him. I stayed calm all the way up until I realized I'd have to get stitches. I was always hurting myself as a kid. I even had the bruised kid as a nickname but I had never anything but bruises. I got 9 stitches. The Doctor said 1/4" deeper and I would have had to have surgery to put tendons back together.

My Dad was very calm about it all. The only thing he said was to tell K he should be thankfull the scissors were pointed the other way.

Now a story about Beetles. Inspired by Lawbrats blog. I've never really had a fear of bugs. I don't really like them but I don't really care if I see one. Usually I just let it continue on its way. Unless its actually on me.. then I freak.

I stunned to one day realize I have a fear of beetles. I lived in a basement suite and was in the kitchen getting a drink. I was just about to head into the living room when one was crossing the ground in front of me. I froze. I stood there staring at it too freaked to move. I was thinking why the hell am I afraid.. its just a beetle... I'm not afraid of bugs. I ended up using my book as a shield so I couldn't see the beetle and was able to walk past it. I was nervous about it for a while... afraid it was going to suddenly be right beside me.

A few days later I was gathering up the laundry when I saw a piece of lint on the ground. I picked up the lint to throw it out. Only to realize it was a BEETLE! I screamed. Literally screamed. Dropped it and ran outside. I was nearly hyperventilating. I then got out the vacuum and proceeded to vacuum it up. I still am not afraid of any other bugs (that I've seen) but for some unexplained reason I'm still terrified of beetles.

12 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Never had a scissors incident. As for the beatles, who knows, some fears are just there. I hate heights, and have absoluetly no idea why. Just there.

5:32 PM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

Ack, Dani! I hate bugs, I would have had to call Daddy to come kill the beetle for me. hahaha.

That's a sucky incident with the scissors. I can't believe you were laughing! lol. I'd be bawling and screaming. lol.

6:48 AM, June 24, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Yeah - I'd wuss out with the cut, too.

And whenever there's a bug, I call Hubby.

'Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!'

But then, he does the same thing to me with lizards.

7:27 AM, June 24, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

The cut didn't actually hurt. It felt like someone had just scratched me. I was in shock.. shock is an amazing thing lol. I really didn't like getting the stitches. I hated the feeling. I tihnk if I could have watched while the doc stitched I would have been fine but because it was on the back of my leg I couldn't see.

9:16 AM, June 24, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

I think you're crazy. I love the Beatles. 60s rock just doesn't get any better than Eleanor Rigby.

9:34 AM, June 24, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Beetles not Beatles! :P

9:44 AM, June 24, 2005  
Blogger Ren said...

I once ran a mile with scissors in my hands to prove a point... Two stiches in my hand later, I've proven the point.
And, if this is about sharing, the one irrational fear I have is the fear of snakes. So waking up in the morning is "therapy", if you know what I mean... wink, wink, and such.

10:40 AM, June 24, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

What point were you trying to prove?

I am terrified of snakes.. I used to have a re-ocurring nightmare that snakes, rats and frogs would go behind my eyes and eat me from the inside out. *shudders* Strangely enough I have no fear of frogs..

LOL at every morning 'therapy'

11:55 AM, June 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh scissors are dangerous things! On a similar note my company has a rule about using a scalpel - you're not allowed to use one unless you've had scalpel training. And this is just a scalpel for cutting paper/card etc we aren't talking about medical procedures! Scalpel Training, I ask you!!!!

12:38 PM, June 24, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Crazy!

Welcome to my blog!

12:46 PM, June 24, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

Why be afraid of Beetles? They are big and slow, and not dangerous, except of course for the Canadian Dark Bellied Poisonous Beetle of Death, but since you do not live in Canada you have nothing to fear.

9:58 PM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

LMAO no idea why the fear of Beetles... didn't even know I had the fear until then.

1:15 PM, June 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker