Thursday, October 18, 2007

My poor little monkey has been sick the last week. It's been rough on the both of us (and Daddy too). He is doing a lot better though and must be going through a growth spurt since he won't stop eating. Unfortunately since he was sick he started not sleeping in his playpen or bassinet. He likes to be held. Which means I've had to sleep with him in the bed. I really didn't want to get into that habit but what do you do when the poor guy won't sleep otherwise. I'm hoping that since he's starting to feel better he'll be willing to sleep alone now. We put him in his playpen pretty quickly after he falls asleep and when he wakes up we comfort him but then put him back so I'm hoping he'll get the idea.

My birthday has come and gone. I can't believe I'm 30. I had a nice day with my little family and last Saturday we went to Mr. IT's for a family birthday thing. My Dad, brother and his family all came. It was really nice.

I've been getting out of the house a little this week. On Tuesday I went for lunch with a couple girls from work and then brought the little monkey to work. Everyone thinks he's perfect looking. I of course agree. Last night Mr.IT and I took him out to the mall so I could go shopping and spend my birthday money. I needed some new shirts since I'm not quite back to my before baby body.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

Aww, poor little guy!!! Hope he feels 100% better soon! :-)

Glad you're taking him out on some outings. He is too cute, of COURSE the people at your work adored him!

By the way - didn't you get ANYTHING in the mail yet???

8:48 PM, October 18, 2007  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks Stephie... he is feeling better now. I'm so relieved!

I did receive your card and gift certificate!!! THANK YOU very much!!!!

11:48 AM, October 20, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

That is him in the picture, right? He is a cute little monkey.

1:17 AM, October 21, 2007  
Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

You're welcome!!! Glad it got there okay!!! I'm always worried with snail mail that what I'm sending won't arrive, haha.

I hope you can pick out something good for him from me! I figured Babies R Us was a good place to get a certificate for, they have lots of cool stuff. :-) I would have sent a physical present, but gift certificate was just a bit easier for me. And anyway, I like that you'll be able to pick out something you maybe need or know he can really use. :-D

I was telling my two best friends this weekend how darn cute your little guy is! hahaha.

9:27 PM, October 21, 2007  
Blogger Callie said...

Awwww. Poor baby. Hope he's feeling better soon. Good luck on the sleep thing. You already know MY horror story. LOL.

Hope you had a great b-day!!

8:56 AM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yup, that's him :) I'll have even more pics uploaded soon. I have the ones that he'll hate when he's older... naked bath time ones :D

We got him a couple more receiving blankets and a bath thermometer (it's got a little duckie on it). Plus there is still money left on the certificate. He's in one of the blankets now... I'll get a pic uploaded :)

Thanks Callie. I did have a good birthday. Not what I pictured my 30th to be like but it was nice.

5:32 PM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger The Wonder Worrier said...

Oooh! I'm very glad that I was able to purchase him multiple items! That's wonderful! haha. I'd love to see pictures of what you picked out. haha. I'm so jealous of that adorable little bundle that you get to snuggle with whenever you want!!! I love babies!

9:48 PM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I'm super-late to the party once again, but CONGRATULATIONS, AND HAPPY 30th!!

He's absolutely beautiful. :)

4:30 PM, October 24, 2007  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thank you!!

5:03 PM, October 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker