Tuesday, June 06, 2006


Oilers:4 Hurricanes:5

Well as sad as it makes me to say this I think Carolina is going to sweep us. Roli the goalie is out for the rest of the season. Unless our backups... who btw we barely got into the playoffs because of become miracle stories. The guys play different in front of them. They play scared. I really hope I'm eating my words by the end of this all. Roli being injured isn't the (only) reason we lost the first game but without Conklin in net for that fifth goal for Carolina we could have won it. Our guys made some pretty huge mistakes though to allow Carolina to tie and then win it.


I can't wait for today to be over. I am looking forward to a few days away from work. From both jobs.

8 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

I PUT MY RESPONSE ON MY BLOG...YOU KNEW I WOULD...CHEER UP WE GET TO COME VISIT CANADA. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD HURRICANES IN CANADA??? And a year ago who thought that our teams would be matched against one another...hope your goalie heals soon.

5:58 PM, June 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the way I'm trying to console myself is this:

1) Neither Ty Conklin or Jussi Markenen are puck bags. They're NHL caliber goaltenders.

2) If the Oilers can play the kind of hockey they did in the first two periods of game 1, they still have a chance no matter who's in net.

However, this game is highly psychological as well. Will the Oilers be able to stay focussed and in the zone when they've had such a devastating blow like this; losing one of the major pieces of the Oiler team puzzle?

I'm afraid but hoping that the Oil will still be able to come out with both barrels blazing and kick some Cane-ass.

10:45 PM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Oilers are very physical, Canes are relentless...should be battle that is fun to watch.

7:46 AM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

No negative waves till it's all over.

4:37 PM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger Kal said...

hey - congrats on the win tonight (well, yesterday).

(And a little housecleaning going on, I see... Interesting.)

1:49 AM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

NEGATIVE WAVES AND CONGRATS ALL OVER THE PLACE. VERY INTERESTING MATCH UP I MIGHT ADD...WAS OUR CANADIAN GOALIE INTERFERED WITH OR NOT>>>DOESN"T MUCH MATTER. That game is over...on to the next one. SOMETIMES YOU NEED A LITTLE LUCK. The fans seemed to enjoy it.

6:42 AM, June 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my eyes! i'm blinded by your colors! >.<

trix. :P

11:24 AM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on the Oilers win!

5:31 AM, June 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker