Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My sadness of yesterday wasn't about the season. It was about the way I was treated by Dillon on Monday. I give him some excuse because he was quite drunk but I still do not appreciate being talked to the way I was and will not allow it to happen again. I'm not going to go into too much detail here. He hasn't phoned me (I haven't phoned him either though) to work it out. There could be a few reasons like he is embarassed or scared to call. Or he doesn't think he did anything wrong and is upset that I was mad. Thing is though the more time that passes the more mad I am. If I don't hear from him by the time I am done both jobs today I've pretty much decided I'll call him but I have a feeling it isn't going to turn out with us still together. SO in preparation for that:

Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust

Now onto my plans for New Years Eve. I've been pretty undecided as to what I want to do. I was thinking I'd like to do something different than the usual Saturday night thing. I was thinking another bar or just have people over. Then again though I always have fun at Bo's and most of my friends will be there so why not just spend it doing what I like to do. It might be a little weird if Dillon and I are no longer together and he shows up there. (I actually don't think he will show up there if we aren't together since Saturdays there wasn't really his thing until he found out I went) B offered a solution though. We'll go to Bo's and if at any point for any reason either of us want to leave (more likely me wanting to than him) he'll have a bottle of champagne waiting for us at home and we'll toast the new year there instead. We'll bring whoever wants to come but if it's just us then it's just us. I doubt that will end up happening but it's nice to have the option.

I don't really do the New Year resolution thing. I have yet to see a resolution through so what is the point in making one. I might change my mind and settle on something before midnight but more likely I'll just resolve to let what happens in the new year happen.

I usually look forward to the new year with excitement. Wondering what will happen and how different my life will be from the year before. This year in some ways I'm almost sad to see the year gone. I've had a great year (despite the heartaches). I haven't had a year so full of fun and enjoyment and happiness in a long time. Yeah parts of it sucked but even when I was down I would always have fun with my friends. Whatever we were doing.

So I have them.... ALL of them to thank for making last year such a good one. I promise to do my best to help make your upcoming year a good one.

Now a story about last night. I got off work and headed to my friends birthday celebration (HAPPY BIRTHDAY D!!) and had a good time hanging out there. I was feeling pretty tired so I left around 11. When I was almost home though I decided I didn't actually want to be home yet so I turned around and headed to B's work to hang out for a bit and then give him a lift home. Soon as I got there I knew it was a good idea. I right away felt a little less down. With the music playing the hellos from B and DJguy.

Hung out there cracking jokes and laughing at their jokes. Put me in a much better mood. As B and I were headed to his place (almost there actually) I ran an Amber light. It had turned just before I got into the intersection and on normal roads I probably could have stopped in time. The reason I didn't though is because of how slippery the roads were. I figured if I tried I'd probably have slid into the intersection. Just my luck though there was a police officer waiting for the light. As soon as I passed through I said oh crap he is so pulling me over. Sure enough there go the lights. So I stopped and started searching for my registration and insurance.

Officer comes to my window and asks if I knew why I was pulled over and I said oh yeah it was because the light was amber. He says yes that's right. I handed over my lisence but told him it would take a second to find the registration and insurance. So he talks about how dangerous it is to go through the light. I say yeah that's actually why I didn't stop.. I didn't want to hit my brakes only to slide through the intersection. I then handed over the registration and insurance and he went to his car to write the ticket.

I was pretty upset about getting a ticket. It was my own fault but just my luck that a cop was RIGHT there when I went through. Not long after he went to his car he came back to mine and told me he was just going to give me a warning. He was like you need to be careful because this late at night and this time of year there are some crazy drivers out there and you really need to watch for them. I of course thanked him and told him I'd be very careful. Then I asked him where he was from because of his accent. He was like oh it's polish accent. When he left I turned to Bob and went wow am I ever happy my luck isn't gone from me for everything. Oh and that cop is CUTE.

I think I got only a warning because when he looked up my driver information it showed only one ticket since I got my lisence (or none in the last 7 years if that's all it shows). So he assumed I am normally a good driver. Which, I think I'm not a bad driver but I probably skirt that line..

So even though I was feeling down because of the boy issues and the having to work both jobs and various other things I still managed to have a good day.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u expect the worst to happen to you too much

2:52 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

That's because it usually does happen.

2:53 PM, December 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly
u even made urself believe it's a pattern

2:54 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

If things always go wrong then that would become a pattern wouldn't it. I also don't believe it's that way for everything just my luck in relationships lol

As B says... if not for my bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

3:07 PM, December 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If things always went wrong in the past, then that becomes bad luck. Conclusions about patterns in ur life may be made once it's over.

I'm a firm believer one should never expect the worst.

3:10 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I believe expect the worst but hope for the best.

I also believe patterns can be broken. Currently I have a pattern of bad luck. Doesn't mean that will never end. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother trying.

3:12 PM, December 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but u don't seem to hope for the best, Dani. U constantly look for signs it's going to go wrong or end. At least i get that impression, but i might be wrong. If i'm not, that atitude will never get you places.

3:15 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I'm surprised you think that. You should know me well enough to know I avoid looking at the bad in the hopes that it turns out right.

I also tend to give more than one chance in the HOPES that it turns out right. I always HOPE for the best.

3:31 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

You do always HOPE for the best. However, there are times when talking to you where you seem to EXPECT the worst, even though you're hoping for the best. Does that make sense???

And I'm so glad you were able to get out of the ticket! Woo hoo! See - that would never happen to me. Ever. The only time I got off with a warning was when I begged and pleaded with the cop for the warning because another ticket would have gotten me fired from my delivery job. LMAO!!! Yeah - so I'm a bit of a leadfoot.

7:15 AM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

You are right Callie. I always expect the worst but hope for the best. NOT expecting the worst has bitten me in the ass.

That's the first time I've been pulled over that I got out of it. I've only gotten two other tickets... both within the first year of driving.

9:34 AM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

Just a warning, huh? Lucky girl.

And Queen rules. In preparation for nothing, I'm going to that singing that Queen/Bowie song "Under Pressure."

10:28 AM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Love that song joefish. I sing it all the time LOL. I also crank it up in my car and sing while driving home. That and Bohemian Rhapsody and The Show Must Go On. (Show must go on is sort of a theme song for me lately lol lol)

10:42 AM, December 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker