Saturday, July 02, 2005

I finally have a chance to actually sit down in my house and relax. I've been on the go so much the last little while that I was really missing home. I love being busy and having things to do all the time but sometimes it just is a little too much. Today was a very busy day... I got up and headed out to the lake where my brother and Dad have a cabing to celebrate my nieces first birthday. The lake is just over an hour away (Lac La Nonne) and I could only spend a couple hours there.

Headed back into the city to pick up Dayna and then headed to Gull lake. Its about an hour and a half south of the city but since I live on the north end it took about 2 hours to get there. Spent the rest of the evening there with co-workers and friends. Headed home just after ten and totally made record time. I should have gotten cruise control for my car though. I would be going a decent speed (10-20 KM over limit) and then look down and I'm like 40KM over the speed limit! I just couldn't stop doing that. Thankfully no cops stopped me and I at least made it home quickly.

Tomorrow I work and then head out to Name that Tune. Should be a fun time but a late night as usual. My Dad will hopefully be driving us to the family reunion so I'll at least (hopefully) be able to sleep on the way.

4 days with my nieces and other family. I think I'm going to try also get some alone time in there... go for some walks on the nice trails. Maybe I'll get a chance to relax a little bit.

I doubt I'll get a chance to go online again until I get back so everyone have a fantastic (but safe) 4th of July and don't forget me while I'm gone!

15 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You have a great 4th of July weekend, too, although you don't have 4th of July weekends there in Canada do you?
Or perhaps its like Cinco de Mayo around here? We have no reason to celebrate it here in the States, but people do anyway, because hey, why not more holidays?

4:48 AM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

Enyjoy you weekend pretty Dani. Sounds like you need the rest. Have no fear. Your the type of person Noneof us could ever forget. Bring back sound good "family reunion" stories.

9:03 AM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Yeah, Dani! Have a wonderful time.

Happy belated Canada Day!

11:47 AM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

Can you convert the KM into MPH. Thinking about the math while trying to read the rest killed me.

8:29 PM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Johnny - 40 KPM is between 25 and 30 mph over the limit.

9:21 PM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

You mean there are limits on how fast we can drive??????????????

10:26 PM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Ren said...

The advantage of being a scientist... I am perfectly comfortable with both metric and standard systems... 40 kilometers times 5 is 200, divided by 8, is 25 miles... It's official. I'm a nerd.

2:27 AM, July 04, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

Have fun.

2:00 PM, July 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice post. i got to you from aaron the trucker, and i too am canadian....only Toronto.....been to Banff, Lake Louise, Calgary, Red Deer and lived in Vancouver.....happy blated Canuck day. ;)

9:00 PM, July 04, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

"40KM over the speed limit"

So what is that then, like 2.5 miles per hour?

(I see that this one has been beat to death already, but when has that ever stopped me?)

2:27 PM, July 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy! Yes, get in some 'you' time. Other peoples kids tend to drive me to the funny farm.

2:47 PM, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Ren said...

Digitalcat - It's 25 miles over the speed limit... The kind of thing that will get you shot in my country (Texas).

8:19 PM, July 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the hell are you coming back for corns sake!?

2:19 PM, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

July 1st is Canada Day so we have a holiday that day.. we don't celebrate July 4th though.

Not to be rude johnny menace (welcome to my blog) but since I don't want to take the time to convert everything you can convert it yourself :P

Thanks for converting it lab boy. I would have converted it using google... search: 140 KM = ? M

tydes perdition my brother and dad both rent cabins out there. I'll probably be there fairly often this summer.

Welcome Mitzzee!

E if you had just looked at the top of my page you would have seen what day I was coming back.. lol

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!!

8:33 AM, July 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bite me :P

11:02 AM, July 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker