Saturday, November 19, 2005

Last night in an effort to cheer us up (to get over the drama thats been going on) Dayna and I decided to go for a drive. We ended up seeing if we could find the road to Independence again. We got ourselves some coffee, snacks and gased up the car. I pretty much knew which road it was on but didn't know how far along the road it was so we kept our eyes peeled.

Road to Independence

45 (or so) minutes later we found it.

Independence

We were very excited.

Dayna Independence

Climbing Independence

Hanging on Independence

So we followed the arrow to Independence but we found nothing at the end. (Actually we found an abandoned church but the pics of that didn't turn out so well so....)

Me at the end of the road

After we played around with the picture taking we continued to drive on. I threw in a CD that I hadn't listened to in a while (and didn't remember what was on it). Turns out it was a bunch of sappy songs. We enjoyed singing along to the old sappy songs and by the time we got back to her place we were still enjoying it enough that we sat in the car singing some more. B came out to join us for a few sappy songs. (and of course that included Open Arms by Journey which cracked us up and this time I didn't hurt anyone when I flung my arms open) Then we all went inside to listen and sing to some of the cheese that B has on his computer. It was a great night.

5 Comments:

Blogger lowk said...

Glad to hear you're still able to cheer yourself up after such a rough week. Btw, I' like sappy love songs.

9:26 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

It was a very good way to start the weekend. :)

11:15 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I haven't done that before sleeplessly single. We usually would just go out for coffee or stay in so this was something different. I loved it though and I think the next time we need a break we'll do the same thing... pick a different direction and just drive.

11:47 PM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger GoGo said...

That gives me an idea.

You could write a story using town signs.

Like those refrigerator magnets.

hmmmmmm

1:16 AM, November 22, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

"We ended up seeing if we could find the road to Independence again."

How poetic.

Can I get a larger copy of that "Road to Independence" picture?

6:56 PM, November 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker