Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I've pretty much decided on the Honda Civic. I am going to see about taking the afternoon off to test drive it and work out the paperwork. The question I'm stuck on is whether to get a 2 door or a 4 door. I really like the look of 2 the doors. My first car was a 2 door and I didn't have any complaints. However 4 door is more convenient. More room in the back and easier to get into.

Now lets see. A story about my trip.

I have never before had to ask someone to stop a vehicle so I could get out and puke. Until Sat the 28th. The day started off at a decent time in the morning (meaning I got to sleep in but not too late). We went shopping for supplies for my friends Grad bbq. It was a beautiful day out. We then headed over to where the bbq was taking place. There was an outdoor pool which I lost track of time playing in. I wasn't hungry during the bbq so I didn't eat anything.

When the bbq was over we headed back to her place to rest and get ready for the bar later. We picked up a couple of her friends and headed to Chico. The first bar (the bear) we stopped at has four drink areas. We got a shot at every one ($1.50 shots). After dancing a bit we went on to the Crazy Horse. Here in Edmonton we have two Crazy Horse bars. Both are strip clubs. In Chico it isn't a strip club its a country bar. I find that amusing. So had a couple more drinks there and then rode the mechanical bull twice. Danced a bit and drank a bit more.

I started to get very tired though. The drinking and the afternoon in the sun was getting to me. However they all talked me into doing the chair. So I go to the chair and was not sure it was a good idea. The bartender told me what it was about. You sit in the chair (its like a hair salon chair... leans back) and then she pours 3 different types of alcohol in your mouth. You can't swallow the alcohol until she rings a bell though. When it was done the bartender laughed at me and told me she didn't know why I was nervous about it since I did it like a pro.

Yeah we Canadians know how to drink.

That drink perked me up a bit so I went wandering around the bar. Danced some more and talked with strangers. Next thing I know its time to go. However Macs friend had bought shots of Southern Comfort. Now I knew I shouldn't drink them. I knew that since I hadn't eaten and had already drank so much it was just going to end up hurting me. I just couldn't let them go to waste. So I had two and she had two. Again I had impressed a couple of people with my ability to drink shots. Yay me. lol

We left the bar and found a pizza stand. I knew that even if I was going to throw it up I needed food in my belly. So I had a very tasty slice of pizza. Then got in the truck. One of Macs friends passed out almost immediately in the front seat. I was in the back between two other people. When they got dropped off I layed down on the seat. Shortly after that I had to ask Mac to pull over. Thankfully she quickly did. I jumped out of the truck and got sick. It was gross but made me feel well enough to pass out on the back seat without feeling sick again.

I was very hung over the next day. I am glad she had something to do (that I was originally going to do with her) and wasn't sitting around all day waiting for me to feel better. I didn't feel better until about 8pm.

That was a reminder not to drink on an empty stomache. I can usually hold the liquor better. It was still a very fun night though.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say four door. You go out alot and its annoying when people honk up your seat to get in the car.

Dude, sometimes you gotta let that shot go to waste.

A tip/reminder to all, when you have been drinking alot of one thing (sake & beer)(they count as one when drank together right?) do NOT mix your alcohol with something else(!) say with a cadillac margarita.

*gags*

12:07 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

2-door. You don't need a 4-door yet. You're not a mom. You're not a taxi. You're a single girl looking for fun. Nothing says that better than a 2-door. You have time enough for the 4-door when you're old and married and have a ton of kids.

As for the drinking - I have no problems mixing alcohol. There IS a point I cannot cross, however. Once it's crossed, I will be sick. Which is probably why I ended up falling asleep on the couch on Friday. LOL.

12:18 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

I agree with Callie. Go with the two door unless you are the driver all the time when you go out with your friends. Soon enough, you will need the four door. Now, is not that time.

The laying down is what did it to you.

2:41 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Yeah the 2 shots of Southern comfort should have been left but I just couldn't do it. They were there sitting right in front of me. How could I not drink them. LOL

Mixing isn't good... but I still do it all the time. I have gotten sick mixing or not mixing it doesn't really matter.. its all just in the amount.

You are totally right larry it was the laying down. I was fine until my head hit the seat. Then it was uh oh bad fricken idea.

4:08 PM, June 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*tries so hard not to be jealous*
*tries so hard not to be jealous*

Darn you for coming to California and me not getting to see you!!!!

1:12 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I wish I would have been able to see you again this time!!! I missed you!

You really need to come visit me! Or come to Las Vegas next year!

1:51 PM, June 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First: 2 door. That way other people drive.

Second: The morning after the first time I smoked pot I was able to puke out the window while driving on the freeway at 75. I know that is gross, but I am somehow proud of that. (I've only actually smoked twice. More of a drunk than a stoner I guess.) Not sure why I shared that but, oh well.

10:51 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Good point with the 2 door = other people drive.

I'm definitely not a drug kind of person... drinking though.. oh yeah :)

I think I puked out a car window before. However that could just be a memory of thinking I'd have to. That night is a bit blurry. Too many Tequilas (thats spelled wrong isn't it..)

11:54 PM, June 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker