Saturday, May 07, 2005

I am still a little sick. I don't feel as bad as I did yesturday though so I'm happy about that. Last night was a lot of fun. We hung out at a friends house and there was 6 of us altogether. Two of them are two of my very good friends (Sar & D) so its always nice when I can hang out with them both at the same time.

Going to sound totally high schoolish right now so you may not want to read. lol

One of the guys there last night is the one I mentioned on here already... the one I have a crush on and have since we were in high school together. Sar says he was totally all about me in high school. She claims that my group of friends should have had the name all in love with Danika or all absessed with Danika. That every guy in the group wanted me. I believe her but only because I don't think she would lie to me. She also says that he was like totally infatuated with me and when they were on the bus together after school all she'd hear about is me. There was a time where he and I kind of got together. We went to the bar together and did some fooling around. After that I could never understand why he didn't ask me out. He didn't though and I heard from a girl that he didn't like me. I was crushed. Gave up on him and moved on. When I mentioned that to Sar she was like omg I'm shocked you believed L! L totally had a crush on him and said that only because she didn't want you getting him.

A few months ago I went to a friends birthday and my crush was also there. A lot of people from high school were there and it was a fun kind of flash of the past night. My crush was very drunk but we were talking and he said he totally had a crush on me in high school. I told him I didn't believe him because he didn't ask me out after those couple of nights. He was like its because I didn't think you liked me. You were all about J. I was like J??? NO no you are wrong. J was all about me and I wasn't about him at all. Why do you think I broke up with J after only a day of going out with him. Crush was all shocked and like wait.. you really weren't into J? I repeated that I wasn't. At the end of the night when we were leaving I was talking to crush (and J) outside. I gave them hugs and was about to leave and crush kissed me. I just sort of passed it off as him being very drunk and maybe hoping to get some. Sar is sure it was because he still likes me.

Its funny how when you are around certain people you in some ways revert to back in high school. Like in high school I felt I had to pretend I didn't have a crush on him. Mainly so that I wasn't made fun of for it but also so that he wouldn't find out and then reject me. So of course last night I found myself acting the same way. Like trying not to make eye contact and trying to not let my body language show I like him.

Once I realized what I was doing I changed it. I did make eye contact and I didn't overtly hit on him or flirt with him but I let my body language show I like him. I am never good at reading people and so I generally try not to assume they like or don't like me. After we left I was driving my friend and her sister home and of course we all talked about him. Both of them knew that I still had a crush on him so we talked about that. I said I didn't think he likes me. My friends sister was like why would you say that. I said because I didn't think he did really anything to indicate that he does. She was like no I think you are wrong. He was totally watching you all night and was constantly making eye contact.

So I guess it wasn't just me that noticed. Maybe he does like me. hmm :) I think one of the things about him (if he does like me) is that he knows pretty much everything about me. Like things that I wouldn't go around preaching about. Things I've done that I wouldn't necessarily want a potential boyfriend to know. I've known him since I was 16 so there are a lot of stupid things I've done that he knows. Including the biggest most recent one. If he does still like me after all that. Well then I've found a good one.. one that I can totally have no fear of being myself around. I know I'm jumping ahead since I'm not even sure he does like me. LOL

Tonight is the baby shower. I'm excited. I bought one of those swinging chairs. My sister-in-law said thats one of the things she was very glad to have. I also bought a little elephant toy. The chair wasn't on her list of things she wants but I tend to stay away from that. I try to get what the person will totally love and didn't know they would love it. If that makes sense. Crush might be crashing the shower later (when its pretty much over) so I might get to see him tonight too.

5 Comments:

Blogger The MilkMaid said...

i was in a similar situation not too long ago...a guy ive known forever and i had dated in the past, but we always remained friends after the breakup. he knows everything about me and vice versa....yrs later and after tryin the dating scene i realized that i was comparing these guys to him and that i should just ask him out....thing was, was that i didnt want to make our friendship weird and awkward if he wasnt feeling the same way about me....so i bought him a lil somethin and put it in his car....somethin where if he wasnt feeling the same he could fluff it off or if he was diggin me too he could read into it. it worked out perfect and we've been seeing each other ever since!! u might wanna try something similar with ur guy pal???

11:32 AM, May 08, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

So what did you put in his car?

I'm not sure when I'll see him next. We've known eachother since high school but we haven't hung out a lot since then. We have been seeing more of eachother (through mutual friends) lately and I'm pretty sure it won't be long before I see him again. I'll kind of play it by ear. See what happens the next time we get together. If I'm feeling like he is interested I'll (hopefully) ask him out.

6:52 PM, May 08, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

soooo . . . when could you arrange to see him again?

anyone we've spoken about? I'm totally curious now!

4:32 PM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger The MilkMaid said...

i put a board game in his car that was called Marry, Date or Dump. lol, its also a really fun game to play!! :)

7:36 PM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I'm not really sure when I'll be able to see him again. Hopefully sometime this week...

I've heard of that game lol. Putting it in his car was a great idea. I'll keep doing something like that in mind. :)

9:16 AM, May 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker