Monday, May 15, 2006


Oilers:6 Sharks:3

Well they managed to beat San Jose. Win one more game and they move on to play Anaheim. They don't play again until Wednesday but their next game is here so with the home crowd and better ice (that puck was sure bouncing in San Jose) they should be able to end the series. This post doesn't accurately describe my excitement. I have to say though that A. I am beyond excited about them winning 3 in a row (with two very convincing wins) and B. I'm afraid to show just how excited I am... I don't want to jinx it afterall. I follow the hockey superstitions. I wore my Oiler shirt (or sweater) when they played against Detroit. They lost those games. They only won the games that I didn't (or couldn't) wear the Oiler stuff. So since they started playing San Jose I have only worn my Oiler shirt (or sweater) on days they didn't play. It's silly I know... as if one person in the tons of people watching will make a difference. That is why though until the series is over I am going to contain my excitement. (I hope I'm not jinxing it just by talking/typing about it.... )

I love playoff time. I have an Oiler flag on my car (as well as my Oiler license plate) and when I'm stopped at a light people are always cheering the Oilers. Pointing to my flag and going woo hoo. I just love the way everyone comes together to cheer on the team. I hate the people that are out to ruin it though. The ones that show up just to cause trouble. They go to where the crowds are just to start fights and be jerks. Thankfully the majority of the people are out just to have fun and cheer on the team.

9 Comments:

Blogger Laci said...

Good luck to your Oilers (even though I don't follow hockey that much! :) )

I found you via Pupski.

Happy Click and Comment Monday! :)

10:10 AM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thanks for the comment (and good luck wishes) laci!

10:14 AM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I BLOG with a Ice Hockey Fanatic...isn't there something unnatural about this? Best of Luck to your team. We have the Hurricanes down here...Wonderful name for our hockey team...Just what we need, another Hurricane.

11:35 AM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Well the hurricanes just beat Jersey and so they made it to the conference final. Not a bad team you have. I'm cheering for Buffalo though. I just like the underdog to win.

12:44 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

Are you taking bets on who makes it to the championship game? Or at least who takes the Stanley Cup?

7:11 AM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

Go Oilers GO!!!!

:-D

8:16 AM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Nahhh I don't bet on games. I actually very rarely make bets. (unless I'm very sure of the outcome or if I'm not betting money lol)

I agree (and welcome you) Tracy. It would make me way too nervous to go to game 7.

Thanks Callie :)

11:59 AM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger lowk said...

Callie and I never bet money either. (hint, hint)

6:42 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Callie said...

YAY!!!!

Oilers won!!

Onto Annaheim!

7:53 AM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker