Saturday, February 04, 2006

HAPPY (one day late) BIRTHDAY TO MAC!!!!

I decided to take the day off on Friday. I knew I'd be out late and didn't want to have to worry about getting up for work.

Thursday evening we went to Name that Tune (at a different place than the usual) and had a blast there. It was sad because we were saying goodbye to M. We met her at the usual place a few months ago and really were just getting closer. It's a great oppurtunity for her work wise though so I wish her luck.

After Name that Tune we headed to the usual place for Kareoke. When the bar was closing Sticky and I headed over to Divine Shadows house for some late night on the lawn lightsabre fights. He has Darth Vadors and a friend left Mace Windus (which is the one I want) and another friend brought his Luke sabre. The three of us played around with them for a while.

Friday was spent laying around watching movies during the day. In the evening we went out to watch a friends band. It was a good time, one of the waitresses of our usual place was there with a friend so we danced and partied with them. We also saw M there for some more goodbyes.

I've been in a weird mood the last couple of days. I'm not really sure what it is. Part of it is Dillon. Seeing him is still hard. I still really like him. I know he isn't the righ guy for me but everytime I see him I can't help but wish he was. Part of it is just wishing I had someone. Being single isn't so bad and I know it's not. It's just I'm ready for a relationship. I really want to find the one for me. I've also begun to think I won't find what I want.

I'm unwilling to settle though. Maybe my standards are too high but I'm not going to settle for anything less than being treated like a princess. Ok that might be a slight exageration. Basically I want/expect to be treated the same way I will treat them. Based on past relationships though that is something I will not find.

I'm thinking that Valentines day coming up is one of the reasons I haven't been able to shake the lonely to be single feeling. I can usually get myself out of feeling down but lately I can't seem to do that. I am pretty sure it's because of the constant reminders of Valentines day coming up.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Have you tried online dating? My sister n law found a pretty good guy that way. I was surprised it worked.

1:50 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I tried online dating a long time ago. Totally didn't work for me.

I know it does work for some people. My cousin just got married in the fall to a guy she met through online dating.

11:38 AM, February 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! What about cooking pot stickers for everyone at 4 in the morning and arguing with Sticky about Revenge of the Sith? :D

10:37 AM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Mmmm the pot stickers were SO yummy

11:27 AM, February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a quote from an unlikely source the other day and I feel it might be relevant.

Upon being questioned with respect to the state of their personal life, a character answered "There is a comfortable distance between alone and lonely."

11:29 AM, February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After a night of spinning, all I can say is.... Damn, I need more pot stickers!!

1:13 AM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

POT STICKERS? TELL ME THIS IS A CANADIAN THING. I'M SO CONFUSED. HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER SOON.

8:16 AM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker