Friday, July 15, 2005

I so love wakeboarding. I am really sore today but its worth it. I have all kinds of bruises but again.. its worth it. The first time I fell I hit my head on the water.. not too hard but hard enough. I told one of the guys that and he offered me the use of his helmet. I accepted and the next few times I was way more daring. I realize that part of what was holding me back from really attempting to jump the wake or try turning the board was that I would fall and hurt my head. I think the fear came because the first time I went out I hit my head so I got the fear from then on.

I am still very much a novice but am getting better. I was able to do a couple (small) jumps and I turned the board. Turning the board wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but I fell shortly after. I am used to going with my left leg forward and balancing that way so when I turned the board and had my right leg forward I got mixed up with the balancing and fell.

After wakeboarding I went on the tube with one of the guys. That was soo fun. By the time I was done I had no strength left. I couldn't have held onto the tube even if I wanted to. Such a fun evening!

11 Comments:

Blogger Shanshu said...

I am a fan of wake-boarding, as well! Nothing in this world hurts more, than face-planting yourself in the water...I feel your pain!

I'm jealous, but I'll be at the lake next weekend, so I will have my day soon.

12:26 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Woo hoo!

Sounds like you're having lots and lots of fun. Totally jealous over here.

12:29 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

Wish we had a way to do that. we all luv the water and that sounds like a blast. Maybe you could help me talk callie into buying a boat.

12:42 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

Sounds awesome, Dani. I tried to wakeboard at my cottage, but it was a failed attempt. My brother is getting pretty darn good.

Added you to my MSN... don't know why I hadn't earlier. You maybe aren't on much (and through the summer, i'm not either), but if you'd like to chat on there ever, I added you. :)

1:20 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I think we are heading out on Sunday too. First though I think I'll be going to the Grand Prix.

Boat is totally worth it. Especially if you have lakes near you and can go on weekends. It stays light out so late here that we can go in the evenings after work for a few hours. Love it.

1:51 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Jungle Cruise Joe said...

Glad to see your getting the hang of it...keep working at it...soon youll be doin 9's

2:03 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I think it will take a while to get really good but even if I don't I'll have fun anyway lol welcome jungle cruise joe

2:32 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

Sooo many openings and I am too tired to take advantage of any of them. glad to hear you had a good time.

11:24 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Aww and I leave those openings just for you larry!

1:37 AM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

I still think you should change the name of your blog to "Boat Girl!"

6:39 AM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Buoy Stretcher said...

we call those face plants, ALARM CLOCKS!!!

6:38 AM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker