Thursday, July 14, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHIE

I 'met' Stephie online when she was 15. She was always a cool chick and someone I loved chatting with. She became like a little sister to both me and Sardi. When she first got all growned up and went off to college I heard very little from her. Now though we are back in touch both blogging and I am shocked to say she is turning 20! Have a very happy day Stephie!!!

As usual I am feeling very tired. I worked last night and then went out to a lounge with friends. I had a good time.. I didn't get home until close to midnight though.

Today we are going boating after work. Hopefully the weather will stay nice.

I have to mention.. I love all the comments I've been getting. Thanks guys for entertaining me!!! :)

I am so happy that they have finally come up with an agreement in hockey. It isn't signed yet but very close. Yay for hockey this season!!! I very much missed it. I am also happy that it looks like the NHL will give the time off to allow the players to participate in the 2006 olympics!

Since some of the bloggers I read have been posting about birthdays I'll post a story of one of mine. Its a really short story.

I think it was my 12th birthday. My parents said I could invite 10 friends to celebrate. I was very excited about that. So I gave out invitations and on the day of my birthday I was all ready. I waited. Then waited. Doorbell rings and my friend Diana was there. So we waited. Then waited some more. After a few hours I realized that no one else was coming. Out of ten people only Diana showed up and none of the others even bothered letting me know they weren't showing.

It was sad... very very sad.

20 Comments:

Blogger Shanshu said...

Comments posted on my blog, give me warm fuzzy feelings. It's like it's the only way to affirm myself, or something.

Sad.

12:55 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

Very sad indeed.

Hey, I am competitive be nature. And with such a beautiful carrot dangling on a string in front of me I can't stop running. One of these days I might catch it.

If I have to pound my chest for someone, you definitely are worth it.

YAY HOCKEY!

1:07 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

Awww, Dani. That's one sad birthday story. *hugs*

But in other news...

THANKS SO MUCH for the special paragraph about me! Awww! You've brightened my day! :D You're an amazing friend. I'm really glad we've reconnected. :) You've always been like a big sister to me (and Sardi similarly).

1:44 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

You're welcome! You deserve the special paragraph!

Thanks larry!!! Glad you find me as a beautiful carrot!

1:51 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Jess said...

Sad birthday stories are no good. I think I've permanently blocked all the bad birthdays out of my mind because, honestly, I have big blank patches where I'm like "did I turn a year older that year?" The only "bad" birthday I've had recently was my 22 when I stayed at home, gave my dog a bath, and mourned the loss of my youth. :o)

2:14 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Welcome Jess!

3:14 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Callie said...

Awwww! **HUGS**

I never had b-day parties when I was a kid - mainly for that reason. I don't think my mom wanted to deal with my feelings of rejection. So - we always only had my best friend over for a sleepover.

4:13 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Years later I decided to have a party again. At first only two others were there and I started worrying that it was going to turn out like my last 'big' party.

It didn't though... everyone (30 people I think) showed up. They all just did the fashionably late thing. It was a great party too.

4:20 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

Metaphorically speaking.

4:43 PM, July 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday Stephie!!! thanks for posting this Dani so i can have an outlet for a SHOUTOUT! ;)

i've never had a birtday party. as i get older, i figure i would spare myself the agony & rejection...i just tell people "i don't like parties." ..cuz i really hate attention on me. i rather be a background person.

trix. :\

5:26 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, at least you know who your friends are, I mean friend is.

And I think you are as beautiful as spring peas. I mean fresh cut brocoli. Oh never mind. I can not compete with that competitive Larry.

5:37 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Dani, that must have really been awful. When you're 12, that shit feels monumental!

I'm glad to see that attendance has improved over the years. :)

7:42 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

"I have to mention.. I love all the comments I've been getting. Thanks guys for entertaining me!!! :)"

I'm pretty sure this wasn't a specific dig on me, but after your comments on my blog, who knows lol. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Working, camping, REO..

I never really had birthday paries growing up. Not counting family functions anyway. Sorry to hear that one sucked, but glad to hear that the last one went well, from the sounds of it!

10:51 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

That's when you find out who your REAL friends are.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHIE!!!!

I'm moving to Canada; people here didn't give a damn when hockey was gone, and don't care that it's back.

5:15 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Very sad indeed. I'm with Callie. I ony ever had one 'real' birthday party as a kid, and didn't really have another one until I turned 30. Of course, I grew up in a pretty rural area, so there weren't a lot of kids around and my parents never really encouraged that sort of thing.

*sigh* such is life.

However, recent events seem to hint that I'm in for a major event when I turn 40...

6:54 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

No Mark definitely not a dig. It wasn't sarcastic at all. I've really been enjoying my comments. :)

8:07 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks Trixie!!!

And thanks ... Jerk. (man, there has got to be a better nickname than that... JoaT? lol).

:)

10:04 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

Sad memory. But rest assured, if you ever have another party. All of us will be there with bells on. "hugs"

8:48 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

:) thanks lowk!! I know I can always count on you guys!

1:38 AM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

I will go to the party, but you will NOT catch me wearing bells.

6:29 AM, July 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker