Saturday, July 16, 2005

I just got home from a fun evening. Dayna and I went to a bar for some dancing and for her to play pool. I got hit on a lot. It was great. :) Two guys were talking to me and one asked me out. He was very sweet but I wasn't really attracted so I told him that I have a boyfriend. He talked to me some more. Told me I was a very sweet girl and that the more he talks to me the sadder he is that I'm taken. Another guy went up to my friend and asked her if I was her friend. She said yeah but if you want to know her name you'll just have to go up to her and ask. He never did. One of them didn't believe that I am 27.

I left earlier than Dayna since I have to work tomorrow. As I was leaving the parking lot a guy pulled up next to me and was like where are you heading. I said home. He was like oh too bad you aren't staying. I laughed. He said you are really cute I just had to stop you so I could tell you that. I thanked him and told him to have a good night.

Yeah.. it was a good night. :)

Now I must sleep.. I am getting up early in the hopes that I get Harry Potter before I have to go to work (that and I need to finish my laundry or I won't have clothes to wear for work)

13 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

HARRY POTTER RULES!!!

Just had to throw that into the mix.

Glad you got hit on!! That always boosts the ego. Also - you're going to have to go out on a night when you don't have to work the next day. That way, you can stay and flirt and get hit on!

Have a wonderful weekend!

6:42 PM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

I forgot what it's like to get hit on.

7:59 PM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Ren said...

Were there any really cheesy pick up lines during all this flirtation? Like:
"Hey! Give it back!"
"What?"
"My breath!"

1:04 AM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

What happens if guy you turn down with "I already have a boyfriend" excuse has a really good looking, charming, intelligent, funny friend walk up?
You could have a friend call you at your cell, and say "Oh crap! My boyfriend just died so I am available again." That might work.

6:43 AM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger lowk said...

Sounds like the penduleum has started swinging back the other way. Instead of being shot down, you have to beat them off with a stick. I never got to experience that when I was single. :(

12:01 PM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

So far I'm loving Harry Potter. :)

No cheesy pick up lines.

Well I had already seen his friends before he asked me out. If there was one that I had liked I still would have stuck with the boyfriend excuse.

Beating them off with a stick is an exageration but I'm definitely liking the attention. :)

1:30 PM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Larry said...

Awesome. Glad to hear you are getting to shoot guys down rather than the opposite. Happy hunting. :P

3:35 PM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Penny said...

Dani - I'm finished the book. OMG bring kleenex for the last 2 or 3 chapters!!!

7:04 PM, July 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for guy attention. Sometimes, thats just what the doctor orders. You are a beautiful, intelligent woman. You. Go. Girl.

I havent read any Harry Potter, but Brennen is reading his now. He takes turns with inside reading and running around with his friends.

I'm sure he'll be done tomorrow.

8:18 PM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I heard that I should have a box of kleenex when I read the end.

Thank you lawbrat!!!

8:47 AM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger Shanshu said...

Nothing quite like being hit on, all night. Sounds like you were on FIRE this weekend! Grrrrrr.

9:33 AM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Dani, the worst case scenario is that Lowk has your picture to look at while Callie is busy and engrossed in her reading. ;-)

If it's at a distance, is it still considered "hitting on"? :P

12:41 PM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger Danikabur said...

LOL Its nice to know I'm thought about. :D

1:54 PM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page counters eXTReMe Tracker